STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Trail of Cthulhu - Full working ruleset

Hi guys,

Ive just built out a full working extension ruleset for Trail of Cthulhu by Kenneth Hite and published by Pelgrane Press

This extension requires MoreCore from the Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/360/view
    The extension can be found here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/901/view

Please remove any unpacked or older versions of this extension or MoreCore before proceeding.

Create a New Campaign and choose the MoreCore ruleset and the MoreCore - Trail of Cthulhu extension.

When clicking to create a new PC be aware that is takes a few seconds as the system populates the sheet with all the abilities and rolls.

The blank character sheet will look like this:

You will need to click the shield next to each Ability that you wish to add points to and adjust the Max Number. You may also use the Cycler to change the chat Icon for that skill.
    Once you have spent all your build points right click any of the number boxes and choose Reset All.
    To use these Double Click the second box to spend a pool point.
    You can Alt+Double Click to use an ability without spending a point (if directed by the GM).
    You can Shift+Double Click to use an ability and to add the spend to the next Roll (the spend will be added to the Modifier
    After you have finished spending your build points tick the small checkbox and next refresh of the Skill lists will hide all the skills that do not have any points assigned.

By default 7 Rolls are also added.
    The General Ability roll is your all purpose roll. The default challenge on the Gumshoe Roll is 4. To adjust that type over the number in the red box. Dont forget to reset it to 4 after the roll.
    If you are spending General Ability Pool points to improve a Roll these will be added to the Roll if you Shift+Double Click the Ability.
    I have added Rolls for Handguns, Weapons and Scuffling as well as Damage Rolls for each. I have set the Attack Rolls to -2 which represents Unskilled. If you have Firearms, Weapons or Scuffling respectively you can adjust the Attack Rolls to 0. For Damage Rolls if you have Scuffling adjust the Damage Roll to -2 and if you have Weapons adjust the Damage Roll to -2.
    You may add additional modifiers directly to the Modifier box if required or by spending pool points (Shift+Double Click).

Set your Maximum and Current Health.
    Set your Hit Threshold to 3 (or 4 if your Athletics is 8 or greater).
    Armor is unlikely however your GM may allow a +1 in Armor for sturdy clothing like a leather/heavy jacket).
    In a combat contest the Order should be based on your Current Skill points for the skill being used - Firearms, Weapons, Scuffling.
    Combat Rolls take Hit Threshold and Armor into calculation.

There are additional areas for:
    Sanity and Stability - Max/Cur and Notes
    Personal Info
    Sources of Stability and Pillars of Sanity
    Clues and Contacts
    Mythos Objects, Madness/Shock and Benefits/Pools

I would love to assist anyone in building out Nights Black Agents, Esoterrorists, Gumshoe and Fall of Delta Green.
    The build to another Gumshoe system should be fairly straight forward - new graphics/skin and new skill tables.

If there is enough interest in Gumshoe - particularly in Trail of Cthulhu (my favourite flavour) I would consider doing a full commercial ruleset with Occupations and Reference Manual etc.

Ive just uploaded version 7.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is awesome! Thanks, damned!!

Actually, I was thinking about maybe running some Fear Itself in the future.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    This is awesome! Thanks, damned!!

Actually, I was thinking about maybe running some Fear Itself in the future.
    So many games so little time...
    Please let me know how you go... maybe, maybe Ill manage to sneak into the session even!

Im thinking I will run something Trail of Cthulhu or something Bubblegum Shoe at FG Con.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    So many games so little time...
    Please let me know how you go... maybe, maybe Ill manage to sneak into the session even!

Im thinking I will run something Trail of Cthulhu or something Bubblegum Shoe at FG Con.
    I totally get it. I've also got Cthulhu Confidential sitting on my shelf waiting for some love and having an inner debate about jumping into LexOccultum on Kickstarter.

It won't be anytime soon for me to run Fear Itself, but it's definitely something I want to give a shot within the next year or two. I'm sure it will be a Canadian Sunday morning/Australian Sunday evening type of game.

I've haven't looked into Bubblegum Shoe much but I'd like to give Trail of Cthulhu a try so I'm sure you'll see my name pop up.

Happy gaming!

Great work! I’d like to try this out and understand how to use the rolls properly.

I’ll use this ruleset to host a Trail of Cthulu one shot at the next FGCon or Daze.

As you know I’m keen of Esoterrorists and other GUMSHOE settings, so am interested in potential conversions.

As far as commercial Trail I think there could be interest (likely also for Nights Black Agents, which has a following.)

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Nice work damned!

I think you should consider doing a full commercial ruleset with Occupations and Reference Manual etc..

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Hello everyone.
    Two issues reported so far -
    1. the /gumshoe roll - used for General Ability - is adding an extra +1 when you spend a pool point.
    2. ive apparently not uploaded the latest build so a bunch of labels are default MoreCore ones
    Ill have this and a few other small improvements uploaded within 24hrs

Blog Entries
    The /gumshoe roll has been properly patched in MoreCore v1.50 and uploaded to the main thread.

Ive just uploaded v1.3 of this extension which patches a couple of bugs and improves the show/hide for the unskilled skills...

Thread Information