1. #1

    Pathfinder 2.0 Effects library

    Greetings, the one they call Haggar as returned. I wanted to ask you experts if we have an effects library for PF 2.0 like we did for Pathfinder.

  2. #2
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    22,590
    Not that I know of.

    Please be aware that the ruleset can, and will, change - sometimes quite drastically. So anything like an effects module put together may require regular testing/maintaining to keep pace with the ruleset.


    FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset and add-ons: In development. Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2, Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in store).

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  3. #3
    I think playtests are over, so the rules for them won't change anymore.

    Is ruleset for Playtest going to be moved to PF 2.0 or will be provided separately for convenience of still being able to play Doomsday Dawn as in playtests? Because I am still in the first half of the adventure (starting chapter 3) with my team

  4. #4
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    22,590
    Quote Originally Posted by ivell View Post
    I think playtests are over, so the rules for them won't change anymore.
    My comment was about the FG ruleset changing.

    Quote Originally Posted by ivell View Post
    Is ruleset for Playtest going to be moved to PF 2.0 or will be provided separately for convenience of still being able to play Doomsday Dawn as in playtests? Because I am still in the first half of the adventure (starting chapter 3) with my team
    The current ruleset will move from the Playtest Rules to the full Pathfinder 2 rules on release in August.


    FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset and add-ons: In development. Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2, Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in store).

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  5. #5
    So only untill August we can play Doomsday Dawn and Playtest rules, right?

  6. #6
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    22,590
    Quote Originally Posted by ivell View Post
    So only untill August we can play Doomsday Dawn and Playtest rules, right?
    You'll be able to play Doomsday Dawn beyond that - assuming that the rules don't change too much and we can get the NPCs to match/upgrade. But the playtest ruleset will go away. If that is an issue for you, make a backup of the PFRPG2.pak ruleset file, change it to something like "PFRPG_PT.pak" and then use the universal modules extension to keep playing - you'll need to modify the campaign.xml file for your campaign to load the playtest ruleset (just change the <ruleset> tag using a text editor). We may look at something similar to the recent Savage Worlds upgrade to Adventure Edition, but we won't spend too much time on it if we do (and we haven't even discussed it yet)...


    FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset and add-ons: In development. Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2, Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in store).

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ivell View Post
    So only untill August we can play Doomsday Dawn and Playtest https://passiongames-de.com/no-depos...o-bonus-codes/ rules, right?
    Yep.
    Last edited by habib; July 11th, 2019 at 09:46.

  8. #8
    Wait... what? I asked this question really doubting this will actually happen.

    So after August 1st it is impossible to play Playtest? I am in the middle of the adventure? WTF? I have buyed Doomsday Dawn for my team and now what? We won't be able to play at all? That's stupid. I am huge fan of Fantasy Grounds and usually advocate for it wherever I can, but this is something that makes me really angry at guys there. No one wants to pay for something he will lose after a few months. In the middle of playing. Come on! They should rather reconsider what they are doing.

    EDIT: TBH Now I see previous posts, I forgot of them already. I hope this will not happen anyway. It would be a stupid move after all.

  9. #9
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    22,590
    Quote Originally Posted by ivell View Post
    Wait... what? I asked this question really doubting this will actually happen.

    So after August 1st it is impossible to play Playtest? I am in the middle of the adventure? WTF? I have buyed Doomsday Dawn for my team and now what? We won't be able to play at all? That's stupid. I am huge fan of Fantasy Grounds and usually advocate for it wherever I can, but this is something that makes me really angry at guys there. No one wants to pay for something he will lose after a few months. In the middle of playing. Come on! They should rather reconsider what they are doing.

    EDIT: TBH Now I see previous posts, I forgot of them already. I hope this will not happen anyway. It would be a stupid move after all.
    Hold on, no need to be angry. As I say 3 posts up this thread (post #6), the Doomsday Dawn playtest module will not go away on FG, it'll still be available.

    The playtest FG ruleset will go away, and will be replaced by the Pathfinder Second Edition ruleset. If this is an issue for you, I've included the simple steps to keep playing using the old PFRPG2 playtest ruleset in that post above.

    If you want to continue playing your Doomsday Dawn campaign, then I'd recommend switching to the new PFRPG2 ruleset and the Pathfinder Second Edition rules. We're going to try to keep Doomsday Dawn compatible with the new ruleset as much as possible, and it will be better for you (more products and support) to continue playing with the official rules.


    FG Product Development status: Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset and add-ons: In development. Pathfinder Bestiary, Pathfinder Bestiary 2, Pathfinder Bestiary 3 (in store).

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in