5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Was able to complete a first pass at this. Utilizes the Show GM Rolls and Show roll totals option settings to determine whether to show the roll total or not. Made a small change to the output as well. Now it shows [ATTACK (M)] Scimitar [by Goblin 3] -> [at TestPC][MISS] with Show GM Rolls (off) and Show roll totals (off). With Show roll totals (on), shows [ATTACK (M)] Scimitar [by Goblin 3][10] -> [at TestPC][MISS].

If anyone wants it, hit me up on FG Discord (Laendra#9660)
    Or you could edit the first post and attach it there and add any instructions etc you wish to provide. Then one of the Mods could link this in the appropriate extension list.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I would if I wasn't stupid and could figure out how to attach to my post...I can't see the attach button, and drag-drop doesn't seem to want to take it.

EDIT: Apparently I wasn't using the Full Site option of the forums...duh
    Last edited by deer_buster; January 26th, 2019 at 16:39.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Or you could edit the first post and attach it there and add any instructions etc you wish to provide. Then one of the Mods could link this in the appropriate extension list.
    Done
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You know when you watch the movies and there is that big fight scene and there are lots of smaller hits - the hero dodges but the villain just barely catches her. Thats how I imagine the close hits to be. And both the hero and the villain know it was a close thing. And then you have the hit where the villain clocks the hero good. She walks right into that blow. Maybe it knocks her right to the ground and then she takes a few more for good measure or maybe she can shake it off = either way she knows she got owned by that hit. Thats how I imagine that hit where you rolled real high.
    That's kind of the point of damage and the GM's narration of what happened, isn't it? If the hit just barely grazed you, you probably only took 1-2 damage. If you dodged the attack, the attack missed and "you just managed to duck under his savage swing", if you throw up a Shield spell, but it hits anyway "You instinctively throw up your Shield spell as you notice the incoming attack, but the arrow was too perfectly timed and found an opening while he shield was going up". If you took 34 points of damage, yeah, you got owned by that hit!
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    I would if I wasn't stupid and could figure out how to attach to my post...I can't see the attach button, and drag-drop doesn't seem to want to take it.

EDIT: Apparently I wasn't using the Full Site option of the forums...duh
    Glad you found it! Much nicer looking forums now isn't it?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    That's kind of the point of damage and the GM's narration of what happened, isn't it? If the hit just barely grazed you, you probably only took 1-2 damage. If you dodged the attack, the attack missed and "you just managed to duck under his savage swing", if you throw up a Shield spell, but it hits anyway "You instinctively throw up your Shield spell as you notice the incoming attack, but the arrow was too perfectly timed and found an opening while he shield was going up". If you took 34 points of damage, yeah, you got owned by that hit!
    That is an interpretation.
    But thats not the way D&D mechanics work excepting a natural 20 and critical damage.
    You might have only just nicked your opponent - rolled a 14+2+1 to hit their AC of 17 - and then you roll a 9+2 on damage - perhaps you nicked a major artery or severed a tendon.
    You might roll 19+2+1 to hit their AC of 17 and then you only rolled a 2+2 damage - you easily beat your opponents defences but at the very last moment they pulled up and your thrusting blow slides into his meaty thigh and he snarls at you viciously and fights on even harder.
    But we each interpret things and run things our own way and your way is just as valid as anything I might choose to do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    ... and run things our own way and your way is just as valid as anything I might choose to do.
    Are you saying *there is no bad wrong fun!* ?

Blog Entries
    Are you saying *there is no bad wrong fun!* ?
    Im saying agree with me or suffer my wrath you little insect!

ahem... sorry yes I meant keep having fun...

Glad you found it! Much nicer looking forums now isn't it?
    Honestly it looks the way it did before it weirdly switched to the vBulletin layout the other day...I thought you guys had upgraded or something...glad I finally noticed the full site link.
    aka Laendra

Blog Entries
    Honestly it looks the way it did before it weirdly switched to the vBulletin layout the other day...I thought you guys had upgraded or something...glad I finally noticed the full site link.
    I find it does that to me sometimes after I do a site search and follow one of the links there. There's a cookie you can clear, but it's faster to just click the Full Site link.

Thread Information