Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Attack Manager Plus (takes show roll totals into account)

This extension looks at the ''Chat: Show GM rolls' and 'Chat: Show roll totals' settings in the 5e ruleset. If the Show GM Rolls is Off and the Show row totals is set to Off, the clients will no longer see the total value of attack rolls against them. If either of those is set to On, the clients will see the roll total included in the results. Also made a small change to the output to show the attack description and the attacker's name.

If I can get a small non-breaking change from the Developers on the ruleset, I can shorten the description to just the weapon used.

Show GM Rolls (off) and Show roll totals (off):
    [ATTACK (M)] Scimitar [by Goblin 3] -> [at TestPC][MISS]
    Show GM Rolls (on) or Show roll totals (on):
    [ATTACK (M)] Scimitar [by Goblin 3][10] -> [at TestPC][MISS]

NOTE:
    This extension has been replaced by my new extension Expanded Options. It provides a much nicer (IMHO) output than what this one does. I'll leave this one here for archival purposes, but it will be unsupported going forward.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...369#post426369
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by deer_buster; February 15th, 2019 at 14:48. Reason: deprecating
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Sounds like the solution is to switch on hide DM rolls if you are concerned about the players working out what the NPC’s AC is. With that option off you’ll get text output pretty much exactly what you want.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

GM's telling players "Goblin attacks with a scimitar and rolls a 17, does that hit?" has been part of RPGs since day one!

In your example of the shield spell, you could argue that knowing the attack was going to be only a close hit and thus use the reaction and burn the spell slot - I'm guessing your players would get pretty annoyed if they had to burn spell slots for no reason!

If you have problems with players metagaming then I'd recommend you address the problem with them, rather than trying to force the system to hide some data from them.

But, hey, it's your game. Run it how you wish. Maybe learn some LUA so you can make FG display exactly what you want! Have a look in the ruleset you're using (you don't mention which one) - in 3.5E and 5E the scripts\manager_action_attack.lua file controls the attack action, with the applyAttack function putting the chat message together.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    GM's telling players "Goblin attacks with a scimitar and rolls a 17, does that hit?" has been part of RPGs since day one!
    True, but that's one of the great things about FG...you don't have to rely on manual mechanics.

In your example of the shield spell, you could argue that knowing the attack was going to be only a close hit and thus use the reaction and burn the spell slot - I'm guessing your players would get pretty annoyed if they had to burn spell slots for no reason!
    There is no reason they should know that it was a hit with a roll more than 5 above their AC. It is a reaction to being HIT or a Magic Missile is cast at them. At the table their reaction is based on the hit only and they don't know the number.

Have a look in the ruleset you're using (you don't mention which one) - in 3.5E and 5E the scripts\manager_action_attack.lua file controls the attack action, with the applyAttack function putting the chat message together.
    Thanks for the info...it is helpful...I did state that it was 5e in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    I did state that it was 5e in my post.
    So you did. My apologies.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    You know when you watch the movies and there is that big fight scene and there are lots of smaller hits - the hero dodges but the villain just barely catches her. Thats how I imagine the close hits to be. And both the hero and the villain know it was a close thing. And then you have the hit where the villain clocks the hero good. She walks right into that blow. Maybe it knocks her right to the ground and then she takes a few more for good measure or maybe she can shake it off = either way she knows she got owned by that hit. Thats how I imagine that hit where you rolled real high.

So, in this case, I would need to create a layered ruleset (importing 5E) and override the applyAttack function?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    So, in this case, I would need to create a layered ruleset (importing 5E) and override the applyAttack function?
    You would only create an extension.
    You would need the file you are editing and an extension.xml file as your minimum.

Was able to complete a first pass at this. Utilizes the Show GM Rolls and Show roll totals option settings to determine whether to show the roll total or not. Made a small change to the output as well. Now it shows [ATTACK (M)] Scimitar [by Goblin 3] -> [at TestPC][MISS] with Show GM Rolls (off) and Show roll totals (off). With Show roll totals (on), shows [ATTACK (M)] Scimitar [by Goblin 3][10] -> [at TestPC][MISS].

If anyone wants it, hit me up on FG Discord (Laendra#9660)
    Last edited by deer_buster; January 26th, 2019 at 07:22. Reason: typo

For those of you wondering about what this does:

Capture.PNG

On a normal attack (non-crit):

Capture1.PNG
    Fantasy Module Parser (Module Creator for Fantasy Grounds) Discord Server: https://discord.gg/78SdFgg
    Fantasy Module Parser Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/fantasymoduleparser

Thread Information