DICE PACKS BUNDLE

NPC Creation problems with Interface Zero 2.0

I was looking at the npc's for interface zero 2.0, I know that I have to basically dub one if I want to edit it and that is all well and good however I have run into a slew of problems. If these have been dealt with please let me know how to fix it.

When making a new NPC I noticed that the derived states don't load and must be entered manually, I can work with that unless someone has a workaround where that will take care of itself.

How do you add gear outside of just typing it in the gear area to a new NPC. I would really like to just drag and drop any gear or cyber ware and have it change the associated skill/attribute/derived stat.

When choosing a weapon that has multiple modes of fire can those modes be added as secondary options to the weapon? Example Burst fire and, full auto, suppressing fire.

There is also no skills box like there are for vehicles, edges, hindrances, etc... so I can't add skills and thustly have to manually add/edit is all skills for Interface Zero 2.0.
    I found a workaround by opening the core book to the skills to drag and drop but that's going to get annoying with the sheer amount of Avatars that need to be created as I have not found any in the NPC section.

What about avatars for the VR/hacking aspect of the game, I can't link an NPC to an avatar for vr combat it seems like I have to make a whole new section of NPC's just for avatars.

Thanks for any assistance.

Here are answers to some of your questions

Quote Originally Posted by LDedric View Post
    When making a new NPC I noticed that the derived states don't load and must be entered manually, I can work with that unless someone has a workaround where that will take care of itself.
    That's how the ruleset works. You don't create NPCs like PCs, instead you put any values you like and see fit to their record. Because of this, there is no need to automatically set derived stats.

How do you add gear outside of just typing it in the gear area to a new NPC. I would really like to just drag and drop any gear or cyber ware and have it change the associated skill/attribute/derived stat.
    That's the way to add gear to NPCs: Type them in, and this is ruleset feature.

When choosing a weapon that has multiple modes of fire can those modes be added as secondary options to the weapon? Example Burst fire and, full auto, suppressing fire.
    You can add Sub-attacks to PC and NPCs to represent different modes. After you have added the weapon, right click on top of it and select "Create sub-attack"
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information