FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 24 of 28 First ... 142223242526 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    SilentRuin,
    I'm curios about the races you changed. I only notice one change which is their racial attack. The wording/description didn't change, just the label(name). Is this for something with your extensions or some other reason?
    Links/unique names stuff like that if I recall. And yes, you can't name everything the same with different functionality under it. Though spells/feats can be the same name and different as level of 0 is assumed to be feat - but you have to have unique name if feat vs feat or spell vs spell or trait vs trait or feat vs cantrip where they have different definitions.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Force/Tech powers, and "magic" items (called enhanced) in SW5e are problematic when using the 5e ruleset of FG.

The basics of a magic item/damage vs. a non-magic item/damage is very deep in the ruleset code. I gave up on changing it.
    So, I am reviewing how to implement "magic" back into the SW5e text to make it work properly in FG.

I did not know that there was resistance/immunity/vulnerability to not only force vs tech spells (which can be differentiated by school), but resistance/immunity/vulnerability between light/dark/universal force powers.

If I were changing this, I could see these being separate schools. But, that is also problematic if there is some instance of general force/tech resistance/immunity/vulnerability. Each school would need to be listed in the resistance/immunity/vulnerability list.

Point me to some of these resistance/immunity/vulnerability examples please.
    My thinking for the enhanced items is simply to use the 'magic' tag like in base 5e. I could be missing something but it seems to me that should work fine.

As for the issue with resistances and force/tech "spells", I haven't gotten through every ability yet (I'm somewhere around 1/3) but I don't recall seeing any instances of resistance/advantage/whatever versus specifically light/dark/universal. The issue that I had brought up was for something like Force Resistance (Consular, Way of Balance ability at 18th level) and trying to figure a way to get that automated using the base 5e Magic Resistance. If there's a similar ability that gives resistance to all Tech powers, there'd be no way to differentiate between the two because there's just the single 'Magic?' checkbox in the cast dialog. Since then, I've decided to stop stressing over trying to make sure everything is as automated as can be and just figure that myself and my players will have to take a little more time and do things manually (simply clicking the ADV button before rolling a save, for instance).

Yes, there are several references to resistance to either "tech" or "force" powers. And, at that level we can use the school of "magic".
    I thought I had seen a post about making an effect condition to give resistance to a certain school of magic... but, I can't seem to find it at this moment.

I could be mistaken, but I thought in 5e there are examples of this, for instance some undead are resistant or immune to necromancy spell damage.

The same should work for ADVSAVE on a certain school for the same reason. Now, I just need to find this. If a school based effect is not possible, this could be tricky to implement.

Yes, there are several references to resistance to either "tech" or "force" powers. And, at that level we can use the school of "magic".
    I thought I had seen a post about making an effect condition to give resistance to a certain school of magic... but, I can't seem to find it at this moment.

I could be mistaken, but I thought in 5e there are examples of this, for instance some undead are resistant or immune to necromancy spell damage.

The same should work for ADVSAVE on a certain school for the same reason. Now, I just need to find this. If a school based effect is not possible, this could be tricky to implement.
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ced+Automation

That is the only effects doc I'm aware of - keep in mind some things are ambiguous and while I might give a head start entry in the power/effect they would really have to edit/create it themselves or they would have to remember as in a normal tabletop game to apply the special situation. Not all things can/should be automated. Just the non ambiguous things.

No. Remove that link as its the old one that is no longer used. Classic is dead. Long live Unity.

I'm trying to keep it in my head that, as SilentRuin said, not everything needs to be automated. I played D&D for a lot of years before VTT's ever came along and had a great time doing it. Having to remember to apply things manually and figure it out as we go along isn't going to kill me or my players. Stressing about how I can code every last thing for the utmost in automation...that might lol.

RELEASE v3.11 notes:

New build available in the "Test" channel. I have done some testing of basic functionality. But, PLEASE, let me know if you find anything!

In particular. I am 99% sure I fixed 90% of the concentration (C) issues in the combat tracker...

• Fix NPCs missing attack rolls in Combat Tracker (the tech attack/force attack issue).
    • Fix spell effects Concentration notation to work properly in Combat Tracker.
    • Add effects from SilentRuin's module to main module.
    • Adjustments to Autonomous Servant spell text and NPC entry.

Known issues in above:
    - Missing link from Autonomous Servant spell to NPC entry.

Any updates for this release will be in this post. A link will be provided in the 2nd post of this thread (release notes).

(Edited to reflect the correct sw5e Classic version)
    Last edited by pico; August 25th, 2021 at 02:29.

What about all the NPC fixes/crosslinks with classes main and other page/fixes to feats etc.? Just curious if you implemented all the fixes I required or just the ones you wanted.

The feats references/table links that I know about are in the task list of known issues to be worked. Its a long story, but the "not normal 5e" background trait rolls found in SW5e is causing a problem with links in Par5e... yet another reason I'm moving more and more off of that parser. But, it's not done yet.

One of the problems I have found when comparing the Extras module to mine is that it is not always obvious why you duplicated something.
    I assume it was to fix something.
    But, some of the them just don't jump out at me. And, I don't know if it was to accommodate something, not necessarily broken.

The only NPC issue I could find was that the tech/force attack rolls were not showing in the combat tracker. This is addressed in this release.
    For each class I tried to make one of each and as I level it check the items in the Abilities tab and make sure any links work. So far, all have been working.

The next release is not final... this is only a release candidate. So, if you would like me to focus on adding something, let me know. But, please, give examples because "NPC fixes" makes me think I already did that.

Please have patience with me on this. I have only played a hand full of level 1-2 one-shots with my groups. So, I don't get yelled at by my players when things don't work... I need you to do that

Thread Information