DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 28 First ... 4121314151624 ... Last
    Thanks for looking into this. You were right, it was another extension.
    ADVDIS_Hotkeys_v0.4.ext (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tkey-extension).

Seems like I had not removed this from the SW5E Campaign and had not added it to the Test 5E Campaign. Removing/Adding this extension breaks/fixes things.

Sorry to have used up your time!

So I have added the V3 mod and ext folders and almost everything seems to be working. Except there are no powers(spells). No tab for it. No options in character wizard. Notta... did I miss something getting everything loaded?

Edit... nevermind I closed and reloaded and it all came up
    Last edited by jfbanks1986; May 27th, 2021 at 06:57.

I should add this as a "first run" hint. Thanks jfbanks1986.

I'm prepping to run a campaign using this .ext/.mod you've made pico. So far, I'm really impressed.

As for the Starship implementation, I think what I'm going to do is build the Starship using a PC character sheet. I think I can create "enemy" ships using NPC sheets and get the relevant info built so that the usual 5E automation actually works in combat. I'm going to test this out tomorrow with an actual PC, a PC Ship, and a NPC ship and see if I can make it so it all works correctly the way I want it to.

Just a note as Vex is posting here - as all my extensions work with this I have not attained the level of "lazy DMing" with the data I normally wish. So I've spent the last 24 hours (since I've heard of this) doing all the data in the PHB mod of this with a supplement which has every power/effect defined for items/feats/etc. so they play nice manually or with equipped effects like Aridhro's 5E data does.

I'll be dropping it in here for free with permission for the author of this thread to completely incorporate it into his .mod (rather than having a supplement - or just leaving it as it is). When it comes out - usually caveats apply - use at own risk. Here is a screen shot of where I am so far (Just hit H's). Will probably be another day or two or three before completed. Keep in mind I have yet to play a game in this and just doing prep work to make sure I have to do as little as possible in the way of DMing.

SW5e_Extras.png
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

That's awesome. I have only included a few item and class-specific effects as examples. I might have had time for more if they didn't seem to completely rewrite the PHB every few months. I think even Smiteworks would stop maintaining D&D if Wizards did that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    That's awesome. I have only included a few item and class-specific effects as examples. I might have had time for more if they didn't seem to completely rewrite the PHB every few months. I think even Smiteworks would stop maintaining D&D if Wizards did that. lol
    Well the advantage of being retired and having a break in my COS game that I need a one shot for and chose this based on Vex notifying me of its existence. As everything in this awesome thing is free - I figured it was only fair to do this work pro bono also. Plus if you add it in after I post it you can maintain it as I'll have no interest in doing so

And keep in mind I'm just using YOUR data - not going through their PDFs. I'm lazy not crazy
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 9th, 2021 at 14:57.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Before I go down this dark path ... no one else has already turned all the Starship Equipment / Weapons into FG items, have they?

I'd hate to be doing work someone else already did.

@Tyrannosaurus VeX, none that I am aware of. I'm sure everyone would be very pleased to have something available to use. I never really intended on doing much beyond the PHB and NPCs. I had hoped to inspire others to do the missing parts... looks like I may have done that?

Starships of the Galaxy

Ok, using Zodiak's mod as a base, I have modified his work and added in my own and I've put together a .mod that works fairly well at bringing Starship combat from the SW5e rulest into this Fantasy Grounds 5E workaround that Pico has made. I could type several long blocks of text explaining how to use it, but instead, just watch the video. I know it's an hour long, but it is comprehensive.

I hope this helps people trying to figure out how to do some starship combat in FG.

Some helpful Extensions that I think make the experience better:
    - SilentRuin's Extensions, specifically Combat Groups and Equipped Effects.
    - Kelrugem's Ongoing Temporary Hitpoints, this can automate shield recharging (sort of). But if you want it RAW, you'll have to roll manually every turn. I prefer using this extension and not having the shields necessarily recharge cumulatively, but more like how TEMP HP works in FG already, this just makes it move smoother/faster.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tyrannosaurus VeX; June 16th, 2021 at 05:53.

Thread Information