FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 20 of 28 First ... 101819202122 ... Last
    Fixed SW5e_Extras.mod - Rangers Quarry effect was missing "s" at end so would not match - fixed.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post606521
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Fixed SW5e_Extras.mod - Evidently I've done all the (C) stuff wrong so needed to fix Gleaming Outline, Affect Mind, and Target Lock.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post606521
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 26th, 2021 at 01:03.

SilentRuin, your work is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    SilentRuin, your work is much appreciated.
    Would not have done it at all but for your work. Between Vex's campaign and mine we are finding bugs in almost every session so I'd not expect things to settle down anytime soon. Players get new powers and we find something to fix or make more handy. And we don't even USE all the potential combinations. So hopefully others who use this stuff will chime in here when they find something off.

Yes, by using your Extras module, I can compare yours to how it looks in my work.
    Many of these I had no idea weren't working in mine. For instance, the background feat roll table links to nowhere in mine. I had no clue that was happening.

If ANYONE READING this find anything, even minor, please report. I not only don't mind bug reports, I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    Yes, by using your Extras module, I can compare yours to how it looks in my work.
    Many of these I had no idea weren't working in mine. For instance, the background feat roll table links to nowhere in mine. I had no clue that was happening.

If ANYONE READING this find anything, even minor, please report. I not only don't mind bug reports, I need them.
    Just remember if you copy all my stuff into yours BEWARE THE LINKS! I usually have to add powers into a dummy char and then edit the db.xml to correct the original SW5e Extras version by copying the <action data into the real data so that I don't have to redefine the links everywhere. They have to be correct in every list - spell/npc/item/race(other tab and main tab)/background (other tab and main tab)/feats/tables/etc. These are easily broken and mangled.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Just remember if you copy all my stuff into yours BEWARE THE LINKS! I usually have to add powers into a dummy char and then edit the db.xml to correct the original SW5e Extras version by copying the <action data into the real data so that I don't have to redefine the links everywhere. They have to be correct in every list - spell/npc/item/race(other tab and main tab)/background (other tab and main tab)/feats/tables/etc. These are easily broken and mangled.
    I've been a bit curious about the reasoning behind all of the crosslinking that was done. I understand that it makes things simpler in some ways, by having the "spell" handy within an ability for instance, and also that with the way Equipped Effects works it populates a description out of the link. At the same time, it seems it gives that much more opportunity for something to "break" if an ID is changed or whatever. I'm wondering if there's some functionality there that I'm overlooking.

For example, the Criminal Contact feature of the Criminal background. Open the feature and there's the description and a link to the Spell: Criminal Contact. Open that "spell" and it just has a link back to the original feature which is used by Equipped Effects to populate the description there. If I were to remove those links in my campaign and just copy/paste the full description into the "spell", it seems I wouldn't have to worry about broken links anymore but is there anything else that would be broken by doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by miked2681 View Post
    I've been a bit curious about the reasoning behind all of the crosslinking that was done. I understand that it makes things simpler in some ways, by having the "spell" handy within an ability for instance, and also that with the way Equipped Effects works it populates a description out of the link. At the same time, it seems it gives that much more opportunity for something to "break" if an ID is changed or whatever. I'm wondering if there's some functionality there that I'm overlooking.

For example, the Criminal Contact feature of the Criminal background. Open the feature and there's the description and a link to the Spell: Criminal Contact. Open that "spell" and it just has a link back to the original feature which is used by Equipped Effects to populate the description there. If I were to remove those links in my campaign and just copy/paste the full description into the "spell", it seems I wouldn't have to worry about broken links anymore but is there anything else that would be broken by doing that?
    I spent a zillion hours doing all those cross links for people WHO DO NOT use my extension(s).

I had no use for them as I have my extension(s). They serve no purpose if you have equipped effects. Only if you don’t.

Figured I was doing raw FGU users a favor. I don’t need the cross links at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I spent a zillion hours doing all those cross links for people WHO DO NOT use my extension(s).

I had no use for them as I have my extension(s). They serve no purpose if you have equipped effects. Only if you don’t.

Figured I was doing raw FGU users a favor. I don’t need the cross links at all.
    Thanks for the response clearing that up for me. I certainly appreciate the work behind it all, I didn't meant to imply that I didn't! I do have your extensions (along with probably too many others) so I don't necessarily need the links either it seems. As much as I don't look forward to the idea of doing all the work to remove them myself, I feel like in the long-term it'd save my headaches with broken links and the like if/when I add or change things.

Quote Originally Posted by miked2681 View Post
    Thanks for the response clearing that up for me. I certainly appreciate the work behind it all, I didn't meant to imply that I didn't! I do have your extensions (along with probably too many others) so I don't necessarily need the links either it seems. As much as I don't look forward to the idea of doing all the work to remove them myself, I feel like in the long-term it'd save my headaches with broken links and the like if/when I add or change things.
    For sure - I handed out the project that built the .mod so people could do whatever they wanted with it. People without extensions have to go look up the spells and manually drag the links for each one themselves - which is why I provided them so they did not have to go look up the matching name under spells themselves. But if you have the extensions they serve no purpose. Especially as you have to drag a spell into a dummy character to see what it even has defined anyway.

Thread Information