5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP D&D 5e- Tomb of Annihilation- TUE 7pm-11pm EST (UTC-5)

**All seats have been filled**

FG License: Ultimate
    Time and Day : Eastern (UTC-5), TUE 8pm - 11pm
    Planned start date: (Session 1) –January 22nd, 2019

Game System: D&D 5e, Forgotten Realms - ToA + Some homebrew
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly 4-hour sessions
    Term: Long Term (it’s a long campaign)
    Text or Voice: Voice & little text
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No.
    Role play & Combat mix: 60/40
    Number of Players needed: 4-6

GAME TIME moved to 8pm

Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, starting equipment rules as in PHB
    Character restrictions: I have all the 5e supplements, you are free to create whatever u want from all 5e supplements (plz read the disclaimer *)

Player Requirements: Mic/Headset, Discord. Demo of FG, Background story*

Game calendar page: will put up 1 week before first session

Important Disclaimer

This is my first time hosting a game on FG. I have 20+ yrs of GM/player tabletop experience and hosted games on other VTTs but will be my first attempt to do it on FG. So if you are an FG master this may not be the game for you. New players to FG and 5e are welcomed.

*I require PCs to write backgrounds and come up with some details about their past life so I can come up with some ideas that elevate the events for PCs. Every PC is encouraged to come up with the best story they can about their past. This is mandatory for PCs that are interested in playing some of the lesser suitable races or backgrounds like monstrous races (You can not play a bugbear without a very suitable story)

Will organize a prep session a couple of days before we start for a few hrs.

About me:

I am a 44 yrs old married man with a kid. I live in europe but can host games in US time zones due to the fact that I work as a commercials director and can set most of my hours to stay up real late at night. Playing real late gives me the advantage of a distraction free environment.

I have been playing and mostly hosting games since 1995 so you can easily say I am not new to GMing. However as I mentioned above I am new to FG but working fiercely on it and practicing with my TT crowd. I am confident that I will be ready for the 1st session and will only get better from there.

Given the advantage of being a director world building and storytelling are my strong suits but do not expect a different sound for every NPC in the campaign. I try to make my games as immersive as I can by custom designing maps for my homebrews and even a few for modules like this, finding lots of extra artwork, using sounds from Syrinscape and describing as much as I can though I dont bore my PCs to death with hours of exposition. I also write a lot of stuff (if u dont like reading u dont belong my table) and love it as much when players take the time and write stuff back in the form of a poem from your bard or a secret note to one of the noble NPCs for a private meet etc. This is a pen and paper game in its core.

PS: I also have a copy of Hoard of the Dragon Queen module and can start another game on a different night depending on demand.
    Last edited by Draegan; February 8th, 2019 at 13:30.

Playing as a Aasimar (Protection), Cleric (Nature)

Born of two simple people peasants. Volomon Nax was a merciful soul. Curious, kind, gentle as the breeze. It was immediate upon his birth the village held a great feast for the boon of the gods were upon their side. Born with two opalescent eyes of gold and a halo upon his head every villager took their turn delivering gifts in hopes of yielding better crops next harvest season. He wanted for not nor did his village, whether it was truly the gods doing or not it was irrelevant to those who believed. Due to his place among his village he found himself placed upon a pedestal but found himself distant from other children. Fear of being found wanton in his presence caused a divide between him and his peers. In an odd fashion he felt like an outcast even in a place full of family. To find comfort Volomon would venture out into the deep woods and envelop himself in the nature he found there.

It wasn't long before his ventures into the deep woods yielded a chance encounter with a druid. He learned a great deal of druidic life from the stranger deep within the wood. Without effort Volomon found himself intertwined with animals and plants. A few years passed and Volomon was taught a great many things from his parents and the druid.

Upon his 16th birthday Volomon demanded for something, something he never had. A chance to explore to leave this place and it's people. Without hesitation the villagers agreed someone so divinely blessed couldn't be left to wither in such a small place. They prepared him a great farewell, and handed him everything they could find that might help him in his journey.

It wasn't but two days journey that Volomon met face to face with the reality of life: combat. A small village in the distance burned in the night. Men on horse back swung their swords upon defenseless villages. Volomon naively made an attempt to intervene. Only to nearly lose his life. When he woke he found that he was but a few of the remaining survivors. He could smell the flesh of men, of rot. The local garrison had sent a paladin and retinue of holy men. They gave proper and decent burials to those who died. It was here without hesitation Volomon leaped at the chance to seek vengeance but he was denied and was instead given a sermon along with the rest of the villagers to have faith in the Great Mother who reaches out to protect and avenge those who rely upon her great bounty. Those who remained were offered shelter at the church of Chauntea.

It was here Volomon learned to be a Cleric having close ties with nature he found it to be his calling.
    Last edited by Volomon; January 5th, 2019 at 15:10.

Hi. This sounds like fun! I'd like to play a Neutral v.Human Fighter that will multi-class into Cleric at some point due to his past history with the temple.

Mort Seaward- Mort was born in a small island comunity in the far south. His family was very poor and made their living through fishing and subsistence farming. Mort was very happy as a child, but when he was ten the village was crushed by a tidal wave. Mort had been up on the bluffs overlooking the village, but his family had all been in the path of the wave. Mort wandered for awhile and was eventually taken in by a priestess of Shar and raised to be a temple guard. The temple was shuttered due to waning funds in his late teens. He has since made a living as a mercenary.

Heya, new to fantasy grounds as well, but not new to D&D... kindof. I have read the rules a .. whole stinkin' lot, but have little practical experience due to living in a rather backwater town when it comes to pen and paper rpg's.

So most of my experience comes from a few discord games, as well as a heap of Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale and Baldurs Gate playing. As well as looking at the Critical Role stream.
    I can offer a player who takes the game seriously, and won't give a GM any hassle, as well as a very fluid timetable for gaming myself due to setting my own hours. Which, I might add I am a european player. Just highly flexible on hours anyways

As for my character, I am more than happy to create just about anything that might suit a group, but I would -prefer- to try out a sorcerer variant. As for a backstory, That I would prefer to send in private messages, I like to keep things in the dark and let my co-players discover the character along with me.

So if that sounds good, let me know.

Discord is Genpai#9558 . Easier to send messages there than through pm's
    Last edited by Gen Ironfist; January 6th, 2019 at 12:08.

G'day I'm brand new to FG. Played a few games on Roll20 and had a fair few paper sessions, but looking for a more permanent group.
    I'd be playing either a Human Bloodhunter or an Aasimar Fighter (looking to move into the Eldritch Knight path)

The Bloodhunter is named Coljar. Coljar used to have a very dark background, doing very questionable things to make enough coin to survive. He has done a lot of things he'd rather not share. On the other hand he has a lot of things he can't wait to share, at any inn to who ever would listen. He's very private about his personal life and doesn't like to open up a lot. (I can run through everything in PM so you can build something around it)

Jacob was born a fighter. His father was a solider and trained every day. Jacob used to watch his father, every training session until he was old enough to take up a weapon and start his own training. Jacob joined the king's army and fought many battles. From his time in the army, he's a bit rough around the edges, but he means well. He's not a very trusting person, and it takes him awhile to trust people unless they're a proven warrior.

I will say, I'm not heaps good at writing back stories, but it's easier to explain over voice.
    I'm FridgeHSF#0666 on Discord.

Let me know if there's anything you need to know, but I'm pretty keen to find a permanent home to play as the few groups I'm in now aren't all that organized...

Cheers!

Hello, I am interested in joining your campaign. I am new to FG, I have a little bit of time with D&D but my local group disbanded after a few sessions. Looking to get involved with a long term group like this. I am located in the US MTN time zone but can accommodate the date/time listed above.

My discord: GoDsBuTTeR#0895

Greetings.

I'd love to join this group. I'm new to FG as well - though I have roughly 40 years' experience playing D&D (I was given the AD&D Core Rulebooks for Christmas when I was 8). In order to get completely acquainted with Fantasy Grounds before I start running campaigns, I wanted to take the time to play as a PC as well as learning the DM tools. I'm 48, a Chemistry/Biology instructor, and have 3 adult children who won't interfere with playing.

I'd be playing a female (human) Monk, Akechi Mariko from the distant lands of Kara-Tur, drawn to explore Faerun's Sword Coast and sent by my Abbess to learn what I can and quell my restlessness. Ever in search of new knowledge about the societies of Toril (both extinct and current) I traveled with a delegation of traders and merchants to Faerun as a body/caravan guard (Far Traveler background, SCAG pp 148-149). After many months of travel, I have finally arrived in Neverwinter, and have decided to stay, at least awhile, before returning home.

My Discord handle is Atreides Ghola#3688. I'm available multiple nights for play - for now, just about any night except Saturday (run my own pencil and paper campaign that night), in case you have to change nights, etc.

Hope to hear from you soon. If I'm part of the group, perhaps we can trade notes on running adventures in the FG software outside of session time.

EDIT: Would you like us to roll characters in the software, and send you the file? Or do it during the organizational meeting? Also, I have the ultimate license as well. I own the PHB, the DMG, SCAG, and all of the adventures, as well as some stuff purchased from the DM's Guild.

Oh! 1 last thing - 7 pm to 11 pm EST is fine, but 8 pm - 12 am would be somewhat better. No worries about the originally posted time; as a rule, starting around 8 is best for me, but I'll accommodate if no one else wants to start at 8 EST. I'm in Cleveland, OH area, so that's local time for me.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Atreides Ghola; January 6th, 2019 at 17:11.

If you need a person and one of the others cant make it, let me know. I'm like you and have been playing for over 25 years.

I will get back to everyone that responded here and in private this week.

We can have 2 different groups since I received intrerest that exceeds the number of a decent party.

Ty all for the interest and keep them coming: Seems like I have nothing scheduled for work the next 2 months so I can run at 2-3 games a week. I have 3 different modules also which are ToA, ToD and DoTMM.

Thread Information