FG Spreadshirt Swag

Transferring FG to new laptop (windows)

Hi,
    I have full licence subscription and have just installed FG (demo) onto my new laptop.

How do I upgrade the install to the licenced version and sync everything?

Thanks

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Setup_Tutorial

You'll also need to copy your campaigns and any custom modules, extensions, portraits and tokens from your previous FG computer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmmm...that is what I did, but I get an error message saying serial number is inactive or invalid. I have tried this several times now and have been careful not to include spaces, etc.

Check on the PayPal website to see if your subscription is still active - PayPal will deactivate a subscription immediately if there are issues or if cancelled - they don't track the subscription until the end of the current period.

You can check your subscription here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...manage-paylist

If your subscription is showing a status of "Active" then email [email protected] with your license key and they can check it for you.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Subscription is active, so will email as you suggest.

Thanks

OK,

FG is now working properly with one exception. I had purchased a copy of the Eberron guide from FG store, but that is not showing up now. When I go to the Settings tab, click Manage, and enter password, it just flicks back to the Settings tab. Updating does not sure the problem.

Any thoughts?

That's strange since everything comes from Smiteworks; so if your license has installed (and any other purchases from Smiteworks or Steam have installed) then your account is correctly set up. You should also be able to see your purchases from the store (Click on Store on the top menu and then on Purchase History). Can you go into your vault folder with FGData (Click the small folder icon top right of the start screen to take you to the FG Data folder) and if there is a file there called WOTC5EWGTE.dat delete it and do another update.

If that doesn't solve the issue is it possible you have two Smiteworks accounts? If so you'll need to send an email to [email protected] and ask them to sort that one out.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The FG license isn't linked to your FG account like purchases are. So it's completely possible to install and license FG, but not get purchased products updated.

@Divetrucker - have other FG purchases been installed OK? Or is the Eberron guide the only purchase you have from the FG store?

Either way, try what @Zacchaeus suggested and if it doesn't work, come back with more info (how many products you have purchased, which work, which don't, did you see the WOTC5EWGTE.dat file in the vault directory, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Divetrucker View Post
    Hi,
    I have full licence subscription and have just installed FG (demo) onto my new laptop.

How do I upgrade the install to the licenced version and sync everything?

Thanks
    Also did you possible buy some things from Steam and some from the FG store and your accounts need re-synched?

All working properly now.

Thanks for all the help.

Thread Information