STAR TREK 2d20

Spell Scrolls for spells not in the DMG

For spells not in the DMG, is the reason there are no spell scrolls for them simply because Spell Scrolls are mentioned as magic items only in the DMG and not other books? I noticed there were no spell scrolls for any other book. Even if Spell Scrolls are not mentioned in the other books, having the spell scrolls for them added as items would be amazing. I understand wanting to put in only what WOTC puts in the book though if that is the case.

Yes, the spell scrolls are created with the DMG and use only the spells from the Player's handbook to do so. I'll have a look at maybe including scrolls for the spells in other modules but they would only appear in those modules; I can't put them into the DMG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    For spells not in the DMG, is the reason there are no spell scrolls for them simply because Spell Scrolls are mentioned as magic items only in the DMG and not other books? I noticed there were no spell scrolls for any other book. Even if Spell Scrolls are not mentioned in the other books, having the spell scrolls for them added as items would be amazing. I understand wanting to put in only what WOTC puts in the book though if that is the case.
    It is pretty easy to make them for yourself. Just replace the link from the old spell to the one you want and fix the price based on level. The description of the scroll is generic wording about what scrolls are and how they work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes, the spell scrolls are created with the DMG and use only the spells from the Player's handbook to do so. I'll have a look at maybe including scrolls for the spells in other modules but they would only appear in those modules; I can't put them into the DMG.
    So far that would only be Elemental Evil / PotA and Xanathars Guide no?

Actually only Xanathar since all of the spells from Elemental Evil are included in there. I've amended Xanathar and the amended module should get released tomorrow I think.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Actually only Xanathar since all of the spells from Elemental Evil are included in there. I've amended Xanathar and the amended module should get released tomorrow I think.
    Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica also have unique spells.

It's very appreciated that you added them in! Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica also have unique spells.

It's very appreciated that you added them in! Thank you so much!
    I'll add them in when I next update those.

Thread Information