Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Perhaps there is an gaming overlay (Steam, Windows, etc.) that is interfering with FG on the desktop machine?

JPG

Forgive me for necroing this thread.

I am a GM with the ultimate subscription. One of my players and close friends is having this exact same issue as OP. We tried all the solutions offered in this thread. At this point, the issue is a constant immersion killer and taxing everyone.

I have been digging around but I have not seen a solution posted to this problem. Does one exist?

FYI, the player is running FG on a high-end gaming laptop and has flawless connection and 0 packet loss when playing other online games with me.

Welcome to the FG forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Beanboi View Post
    Forgive me for necroing this thread.

I am a GM with the ultimate subscription. One of my players and close friends is having this exact same issue as OP. We tried all the solutions offered in this thread. At this point, the issue is a constant immersion killer and taxing everyone.

I have been digging around but I have not seen a solution posted to this problem. Does one exist?

FYI, the player is running FG on a high-end gaming laptop and has flawless connection and 0 packet loss when playing other online games with me.
    We really didn't get to the bottom of what exactly was happening. My last request to the previous poster with this issue was to try to provide a video showing the problem.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I will see if we can get a video recording of the issue. He also has a desktop, so maybe I will ask him to swap systems. I also asked him to update his graphics driver (just in case). Thanks!

Has anyone managed to resolve this? I have a player with same issues and we cannot find a solution.

Hi, I'm the original asker on this thread. I basically gave up. I've been using FG on my old laptop all this time.

I'm sorry, I've never provided a video. Again, it wouldn't show anything. It would show that I log in, play around for 3-4 minutes, then almost everything stops working.

My driver has been updated numerous times since via de GE Force Experience app, no change

We will soon try the new version of FG though, crossing fingers...

Thanks

Hey there, nice to hear from you.

I'm not sure if our issue was any different than yours, but we are both on the same network and it was really strange that we could not connect properly. My husband managed to solve the problem:

prior to this he always connected to the same external address/alias as the other players, but today it just ceased working out of the blue, He could load in after a long delay but the screens were all blank, no modules to load, no text in the chat box etc. We solved it by noticing that we couldn't ping each others PCs in our home network, turning on file and printer sharing fixed that, and then allowed him to use the internal IP address for my PC to connect to and it worked without issue. The strangest part is we're quite sure we had tried using the internal address when we first set up the program but it always refused the connection. We still don't know why the situation changed but maybe this will help others in a similar odd position.

Thread Information