5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Damned probably doesn't have his server up and running at the moment Jump on the Discord channel and see if someone is available to test

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi, yes of course it was active. For a long time I was always able to connect to it. It is only after a few minutes that I would lose functionalities, like being unable to make an ability check, type something on the chat, etc. I would however be able to see maps posted by the GM, I would see PC characters being moved on the maps, etc. But I would not be able to do anything else. It's like I was halfway into the game. My only solution was to exit "properly" (but it wouldn't exit me properly) and log back in using a new user. Sometimes after 5 or 6 tries, I would see the PCs again and if my GM freed my original PC I could start to use it for a few minutes, until it all stopped again. In the end I resorted to rolling a real dice on my desk and tell the GM the result or have him roll dices for me...

But now it's even worse, I am no longer able to connect to my GM's regular game...

I ran a complete virus scan, nothing
    I added just about every executable in the fantasy grounds folder to my "Trusted applications"
    Then I shut down my anti-virus for a minute
    I shut down Windows Firewall Defender as well
    Ran Fantasy Grounds as Admin
    Changed my data folder from D: to C:
    Erased the cache on my User more than once (at least I don't get an error about that anymore)
    I also switched my internet connection from my house plan to my cell data plan (no change)

Network error...

I am now worse off than before...

Thank you for the Discord offer, but I have a headache now
    I'm gonna take a break from this whole thing
    Last edited by fantasymbo; January 20th, 2019 at 18:10.

Wow, thank you very much mister Damned
    I cannot today, but I will be sure do so

Update: I was able to make FG work on an older laptop. My gaming PC still won't allow me to see PC sheets, roll a dice, use the chat, etc. I am starting to think that maybe FG is not compatible with my graphics card, my anti-virus or whatever. It's not a network issue as both computers use the same. Anyway, I want to thank everyone for their help. I was just about to completely give up on FG forever and go back to Roll20... But I'll give it another chance on my old laptop :-)

In my last attempt I scanned windows registry
    I scanned for the keyword "Fantasy" and deleted everything I saw
    I deleted every folder and downloader/ran the installer again
    At least this time it didn't "remember" old file locations, etc.

But no effect, same problems as always...
    Last edited by fantasymbo; February 12th, 2019 at 13:57.

Can you provide screenshots showing the issues?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Can you provide screenshots showing the issues?
    Hi, screenshots won't show you anything aside that I can't see PC Characters in the PC window
    It would require a video...

All I can tell you is that I am able to join the game set by my DM on an Utlimater Server, I use a Demo Free version (as do 2 others of my friends without problems)
    I am able to see images shared by the DM, I can see chat conversations, etc.
    But I cannot chat myself, select a PC, roll a dice and I cannot exit the game "cleanly", my DM has to kick me out everytime
    Sometimes, I can edit some things like PC Ship details

I was able to play sporadically by logging in multiple times, I would quit and my DM would kick me out
    Then after 6 to 12+ loggins I would be able to play 100% for a few minutes, then everything would freeze again...
    It's really maddening

Quote Originally Posted by fantasymbo View Post
    Hi, screenshots won't show you anything aside that I can't see PC Characters in the PC window
    It would require a video...
    I think I video would be best, because I'm really confused as to what is actually happening.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Only two WAGs I can suggest;
    1) after logging in did you wait a long time to make sure everything from the DM had downloaded?
    2) Did you claim a PC from the PC window? You DM may have to "clean" your existing PC first.
    Oh, and a 3rd idea;
    3) With most video drivers you can set specifics for an application, did you make Sure FG is set to use your built in video card and that the settings on the card for FG are set to turn off all the fancy stuff?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Only two WAGs I can suggest;
    1) after logging in did you wait a long time to make sure everything from the DM had downloaded?
    2) Did you claim a PC from the PC window? You DM may have to "clean" your existing PC first.
    Oh, and a 3rd idea;
    3) With most video drivers you can set specifics for an application, did you make Sure FG is set to use your built in video card and that the settings on the card for FG are set to turn off all the fancy stuff?
    1) Yes I waited for 3-4 minutes. I waited for much longer than I did with my old laptop. With my old laptop everything appeared immediately. With my new laptop, no PC was visible in the PC window even after 3-4 minutes.
    2) Not sure what you mean, but with my old laptop, I'm able to claim a PC, release it, claim another and also switch active PC. With my new laptop, I can't even see and select one PC
    3) I will try to set FG to use my built-in card and not the G-Force. But at this point this is only guess work...

FG has already caused me to waste dozens and dozens of hours to install and debug, I believe that it uses an old programming structure and that it's poorly suited to recent machines...
    I'm not going to work on this much more, I will use my old laptop and call it a day...

Thanks anyway :-)

Thread Information