Starfinder Playlist

Does FG time out if unused?

Greetings all!
    This is not a "people getting disconnected" question, so don't worry

I sometimes leave my computer on and FG open while I'm at work. So my players can access it while I'm gone. Because my players are all 4 hours ahead of me, so we're not at all on the same schedule :P
    But it seems that, if I leave FG open and am not using it at all, it will often just close. And I'll have to open it up again.
    Has anyone ever had this issue? Do you know if FG automatically times out after a certain amount of time? Or is this just a matter of the program randomly losing its connection?
    Thanks for any advice you fine folks can give!
    "The Meek shall inherit the earth...while the Strong escape to the Stars..."

FG doesn't time out and doesn't just close down - unless there's an issue. After this happens, check the console.log file in the FG app data directory to see if there is any reported error. Just guessing, but there may be something that is causing FG to slowly increase in memory use that eventually causes it to fall over.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Check your computer's power settings also.

I've changed my laptop's power settings so it never sleeps or stops working, so I know that's not the issue.
    However, when I restart the program, there is the error log message saying it's loading from the previous saved game. I was using the laptop last night (tho' not using FG itself, it was just running in the background) when FG closed down, so maybe it was indeed some sort of memory issue.
    But finding out that it doesn't have any sort of timeout feature is the news I was really looking for, so that's good, at least. Thanks, all!

Blog Entries
    If your router is using upnp and not set up manually then the upnp session is probably timing out after a certain amount of time with no fantasy grounds traffic.
    It's your router settings.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If your router is using upnp and not set up manually then the upnp session is probably timing out after a certain amount of time with no fantasy grounds traffic.
    It's your router settings.
    That would be if it just stopped listening on port 1802. @Nuncle is reporting that the FG application itself is closing down (probably crashing).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, I've already set up a static IP for my laptop, so the connection isn't the problem. Trenloe is right, the program would just close down. The last time it happened I was also using the computer, so maybe it was a memory issue? Tomorrow I'll be at work all day, so I'll leave the program on, but without the laptop being used at all, and we'll see if it closes or not this time...

Thread Information