STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Unable to click Library and Token buttons on laptop when FG is maximized

*updated*
    I have since noticed this issue happening with other programs and even with discord and steam shut down. I'm not sure what it is but it certainy has nothing to do with FG.
    --------------------------------

The title says the main issue. I have done many searches and not seeing anyone discussing this issue I am having.

Everything works normally on my PC

Installed FG today onto my laptop and the library and token's buttons are just not functioning at all

All other buttons are working as normal

This problem only happens when the program is maximized

If you hover over these 2 buttons there is no tooltip pop up

Running Windows 10 in default resolution 1920 x 1080 landscape

Not having similar issues with other programs.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Shock; January 27th, 2019 at 11:35.

You don't say what ruleset you are using or what theme or whether you have disabled any extensions.

Assuming that you can't trace the issue to a theme/ruleset/extension then maybe try some of the windows or graphics settings on your machine. 1929 seems like a weird screen resolution but I'm no kind of expert on laptops. Of course the glib answer is don't run it on maximised but rather just stretch the window to fit your screen. You don't say if this works or not (I assume you've tried it). Other than that I'm not sure what else to suggest; it isn't an issue I've seen reported before.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

5e and yes showing in chat as the GM, no extentions just a raw creation of a new campaign

1929 was a typo it should be 1920 x 1080

no scaleui

I am running this from steam if that matters

Starting FG via Steam makes no difference. One other thought, do you have any overlays operational such as the Steam one or Discord etc? Is pf so switch those off.

Other than that try deleting the CoreRPG.dat and 5e.dat file files from the rulesets folder in FGData then donan update. If that doesn’t work delete the fantasygrounds.exe file in the installation folder (usually Program Fikes (x86)/Fantasy Grounds) and then update FG directly from the same location.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This is probably being caused by an overlay or something else blocking that portion of the screen. Or something like the windows taskbar or the notifications that pop up and go away but don't allow FG to that area of the desktop.

@Shock - can you use the hotkey bar OK at the bottom of Fantasy Grounds? Can you add a dice to the "12" slot and click on it to roll? If not, which slot can you do that (if any).

When you hover over the library and token button does the mouse cursor change to a hand?

You could try some things like auto-hiding the Windows taskbar, turning off notifications for testing, etc.. Turn off Steam overlay and Windows gamebar.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    One other thought, do you have any overlays operational such as the Steam one or Discord etc? Is pf so switch those off.
    I don't know what an overlay is exactly but I do have discord and steam active, if they could have overlays that are active without user knowing it then that may have been it as both of those programs are always open anytime im on the computer.

Fortunately the problem has gone away on its own, likely because of windows being restarted. I appreciate how quick you came to help me though and if I have the issue again in the future I will try shutting down Discord and steam to see if that changes anything and post my results for future reference. Thanks

I have since noticed this issue happening with other programs and even with discord and steam shut down. I'm not sure what it is but it certainy has nothing to do with FG.

Blog Entries
    There is a checkbox in Steam called overlay. It is basically where steam overlays a window on top of the application or the game. It's like an always on top window, and it can prevent the underlying window from being active and then selectable

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    That made me think, there is a setting in Windows itself to control the active window whether mouse-over sets it active or if you have to click in the window to make the window active that combined with the window on top or overlays might also make it appear or cause problems

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information