5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    So I’m looking over the rules and I think I’m good. I just wanted to check though, standard array or point buy? Should I just pick one and go with it?

Yea either is legal. I just usually recommend array for newbies cause it's easier, but if you're good with point buy, that's fine with me too

Hi I'm brand new to Adventurer League but have played D&D for a while. I have created my character as per the rules but I am wondering a bit about how the whole thing works. I can wait for the group but do you mind just going through some of the longer term recording with me?

Sure, I'll try to explain it a bit.

When you play, you keep a log sheet of your character advancement. There are official sheets, but you don't have to use them. During each AL game, you will earn advancement checkpoints (ACP). Usually you earn 1 per hour of play. You use this ACP to level up your character. It takes 4 ACP to go from level 1 to level 2. You also earn treasure checkpoints. (TCP). You use TCP to buy magic items that are available to you. There is a place on the fantasy grounds 5e character sheet to log all this, under the tab that says "log".

I should still be good for the game. I have a birthday celebration to get to in the evening, but I should still have time to play before leaving for that.
    Last edited by vaughanatlarge; January 21st, 2019 at 20:42.

So I also Have things to do tomorrow afternoon, so I plan to start right at 11 am, and finish up as close to 1 pm as possible.

So how are we doing this? I've not joined many games on Fantasy Grounds. When it comes time to play, how would I go about doing that?

so, when you open up fantasy grounds, you simply click join game. On the next screen, you choose a username, doesn't matter what it is, and then in the next box you type in my server alias, which is a four word code which will connect your computer to mine. My alias is rich vest crazy castle. make sure there are no caps. For voice, we will use discord, and I am planning to just use the official fantasy grounds discord server, in one of the game rooms. If you are not a member of that, just google fantasy grounds discord, and youll find an invite link to get you started.

Thread Information