DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Out-of-session (persistent) info sharing question

As a FG noob, I may be too stuck in my pencil&paper frame... But I'm looking for the best way to share information with players in a way that allows them to access it even when they are *not* actively joined to my campaign. If I share images or maps or story elements with them during a session, I'd like them to have access to those materials out-of-session as well (like being able to keep handouts in an at-the-table session).

As it stands, I am not seeing a way to allow persistent sharing outside of sessions. I don't even know if this is something that needs to be associated with the players PC (if so, how is that accomplished) or with the player's account (how?) or something that needs exported as a mod???

Help!!

(and thank you!)

If I need to share stuff outside of a session I use google drive.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I guess I'm thinking more about situations where I have purchased FG digital content (no print, no PDF) and want to share text with the players. e.g., I got the (very neat) little setting module for White Moon Cove. I'd like to allow the players access to that NPC info when they're working in their local instances of FG.

Is the only way to do that to copy/paste and share via OP or GDrive??

A players "local instance" of FG is purely for character creation/management (through the manage characters functionality). They can't see anything the GM has shared with them while in this mode - nothing to do with the GMs campaign.

The only way players can view what has been shared with them is to connect to a running GM session. Do you have an option to leave your GM instance of FG running outside of your gaming sessions?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Bummer. That's sort of what I suspected. I can leave FG running often, but that can be tough when multiple time zones are involved. Stinks to have such a nice platform on which to play, then to have to send people somewhere else just to have persistent information available. Ah well.

Thanks all for the responses!

Thread Information