5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

LFP Tomb of Annihilation (5E) - Wednesday Nights 7pm EST (GMT-5)

FG License: GM has Ultimate. Demo Players welcome
    Game System: 5E

Time Zone: North American Eastern (GMT -5)
    Day of week and time: Wednesday. 7:00pm to 10:00pm.
    Planned start date: Session 0 will take place Wednesday, January 23rd and will give players a chance to build their characters and work out background hooks with each other. The first session will take place 1 week later, Wednesday, January 30th.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Playing Weekly. Sessions will be 3 hours generally.
    Term: Until the campaign is complete.

Text or Voice: Voice Required
    Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50, The expectation is that there will be a number of RP opportunities. The adventure will present the characters with a number of different challenges and not all of them are intended to be overcome by combat alone. Players should have well thought out concepts and backgrounds.

Number of Players in game & needed: We're looking for 2-3 more players to join in. There are currently 2 players committed. 4-5 players would be ideal.

Character starting level & rules: Starting level will be level 1. 27 Point Build Buy. Max hit points at the 1st level, average hit points for each additional level. All official content (excluding books dealing specifically with settings outside the Forgotten Realms) will be valid for building characters. Outside sources considered on review. Levelling to be XP-based.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=3337

Hi All,
    I've been playing on Fantasy Grounds for close to 4 years now as both a player and a GM. I have played in several 5E and Pathfinder games and have run Curse of Strahd, Out of the Abyss and Legacy of the Crystal Shard games. I try to run games that have a good mix of both RP and combat and Tomb of Annihilation provides the potential for a great mix of both. If your primary interest is in hack 'n' slash, tactical simulations, if you are greatly concerned with min/maxing, or if you are very interest in strict interpretation of the rules, if these are the most important things to you to make your gaming experience enjoyable, my game will probably not be for you. If you are interested in a healthy mix of combat and non combat scenes, if you are interested in roleplaying and developing a character and creating a story together, hopefully my style will appeal to you. Players that are new to Fantasy Grounds or 5E are welcome. If you are interested in joining in, please respond to this post or send me a private message with some details about your experience (with Fantasy Grounds and RPGs in general) and what you would like to get out of the game. What's most important to your enjoyment of the game. As well, if you have a basic concept that you're interested in playing, knowing that would be helpful too. Please note that characters will be made during the first game session, with players collaborating to build up a group together. Having a concept in mind is helpful, having some creative notions about directions you might to know are great to share, but please do not be absolutely dead set on exactly what you want to play coming in. A degree of flexibility always helps groups function better.

A couple of other quick notes to bear in mind...
    -I'm not recruiting on a first come, first serve basis. At least not for a long term campaign. I'm looking for players that are going to fit in. That is not necessarily the first person to say that they're interested.

-If you sign up on the Game Calendar and make no effort to message me or post here, I'm not even going to consider you. When we run campaigns we're making a pretty substantial commitment of time and are asking you to make the same. If I can't tell that you even took the time to read this post, I really have no basis to assume that you're likely to be good with committing 3 hours a week for the next 6+ months.

-When you let me know that you're interested, just as is requested above, it's important to give me a little more. What is it that you look for in your gaming experience? What is it about this particular campaign that makes it look like it is worth your time? What type of character is it that you want to play? Are you familiar with Fantasy Grounds? Are you familiar with 5E? There are no wrong answers to any of these questions and I'm not looking for an essay. But I'm looking for fit and just saying 'I'd like to play' doesn't help all that much with that.

Hi! I've played with the group before and would look forward to joining you all again for this module. I'll follow up with a PM with other details, as requested.

-Bailey

hey so id love to join your game. I am new to FG, never played on here before as i mostly use another online game site that i shall not name lol I am not new to 5e, i have a good amount of experience with the system even if i don't play it as often as i play other systems lol as far as what im wanting to get out of this game well I really wanna get my feat wet learning how to use FG and also I have never played Tomb of Annihilation and REALY want to try it out. I bought the dice set that they made for it, the fancy green ones lol, when i was supposed to play it with a group in person but that fell through so id love to actually get a chance to play it. As far as type of character im fairly flexible but i do prefer melee types. (Fighter, Barbarian, Paladin) They tend to be my go to when making a character lol

Id be interested in playing. I have alot of experience with D&D and have decent experience with FG. I can play any type of character. I prefer Paladin, Ranger or Rogue but I'm not handcuffed to those.

This sounds great. I hope I pass the audition. I added myself to the calendar and will shoot you a PM with the requested info.

Sent you a PM.

Cheers,
    Lasamas

Is the game still going? I have a Half elf Revised Ranger Beast master that is currently a lvl 3 but can rewind back to a lvl 1. The character was actually created for the TOA and I had bought a trained flying monkey that was turned into my beast at lvl3. But several of the player graduated and moved off. I would love to get out of the port and see how the character actually works. Because of finals and such, player were missing so we just stayed at the port gambling on the Dino races and fights.

LeJohn #1574
    Last edited by FuzzyBunny; May 9th, 2019 at 18:59.

Hi Dkyrn,
    Not sure this is going to get to you since the dates listed are from the start of the year 2019... I'm giving it a try anyway. I just got back into RPG after several years of absence...work and family stuff. I have always been a huge fan of the game D&D, Rifts, Marvel, SW. I've played many over the last 40 years (I'm 52) but I can certainly commit to a weekly game. I'm already playing on sundays every other week. I would say that I'm a 50% combat 50% RP guy. I like my characters to be complete with history and background and when the story calls for it I even like having them die in a glorius way...I dont aim for it but sometimes is just makes sense. I play all matter of characters to complete the group and work well with them. I love the social part of the game and if I could find friends to play locally I would but I dont know anyone that enjoyes these games near me. I'm OK with 5e and purchased a full FG licence and a bunch of modules. Let me know if you need a comited player that works well in a group.

Thread Information