FG Spreadshirt Swag

Table Rolling Question

Is there a way to roll on multiple tables or multiple times on the same table and then have the Output all go to the same Parcel and not a new parcel for each roll?

For instance, taking the 5e DMG tables for instance, If I want to award an item from Magic Item Table A and two gems from 100gp Gemstones, is there a way to easily have them output all to the same Parcel, or do I have to have them output to chat and then drag them into a new parcel every time?

Hi Tyrannosaurus Vex, welcome to FG.

Yes you can output multiple items to a parcel from a single table. More details here and here.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Here's my conundrum and I cant be the only one alone here. Let's say I want to use the individual treasure table that already comes in the DMG. I have 7 enemies that fell and I want to generate the treasure parcel across those foes. As far as I can tell, I can only roll 7 times on that table and generate 7 parcels *OR* create an ad hoc table that drives 7 rolls on that table via reference to that table (which would really slow the game down to create a table after every counter). Neither of these seem very efficient. I would like to know whether there is an easy way to "roll x times" on a table and have those 7 rolls summed into a parcel for distribution. Further, consider a combat where you defeated 10 goblins and a CR 5 boss. Now you are rolling 10 times on the CR00-04 individual table and once on the CR05-10 individual table. I guess the answer would be to set up a master table where, after each combat, you would toy with the numbers to roll the right combination of tables x,y,z times?

I use very low tech myself - I just roll on the individual DMG table and multiply the output in chat in my head by the monsters in the encounter (or have Alexa do it) then I just enter that directly into the party sheet and share it for individual treasure. It takes a couple of seconds and I would spend more time actually setting up a treasure parcel - normally I only actually make treasure parcels for hordes or magic items.

For something like that boss I would normally consider that a hord treasure and actually set that one up as a parcel the normal way.

Edit added pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Griogre; June 2nd, 2021 at 22:55.

I think rolling for treasure is something you’d do when preparing the session. If you want to give out treasure after every encounter then prepare the tables you need (or create the parcels) ahead of time. Or don’t roll for treasure after every encounter but rather have a treasure hoard every so often.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information