STAR TREK 2d20

Just need to be pointed in the right direction

I was reading a book that was based on VR immersion. The player could actually immerse themselves into the game. Based on their actions was what they developed. For instance they done a lot of lifting their strength would go up. If they done a lot of puzzles their intelligence would go up.

Of course there was more advanced thanks it would go up and down as they developed.

I was hoping that there is a campaign based on this already created.

Or something along the lines for somebody made a character sheet of themselves and there was pulled into a game.

Blog Entries
    So are you looking for the name of the book? Or are you looking to see if their is an RPG game system based on similar theories?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Some RPG systems do increase skills based off successful use of those skills - Chaosium's Basic RPG based RPGs for example: Call of Cthulhu, RuneQuest, etc.. If you're not using the skill, or spending time training the skill, then it doesn't have a chance of increasing.

Other RPG systems simulate this by rewarding experience/adventure/whatever points that are spent to increase specific skills/abilities - some GMs will require the players to spend the XP on skills/abilities they've been actively using/training.

Most levelling based RPGs don't really do this - you reach a new level and certain things change/improve, whether you used them or not.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Then there is Classic Traveller without a real mechanism for advancing skills.. it doesn't matter... you are going to die in Character Creation anyway.

Chumbly

If the character generation doesn't quickly finish you off.. the combat will

Thread Information