Starfinder Playlist

D&D 5e - Ranger character not getting attack/damage bonuses correctly

I was updating one of my characters in FG and noticed that after doing so my attack and damage bonuses for my +3 longbow don't show correctly. I've attached the .xml file for the character. It also seems to be handling my nonmagical longbow incorrectly as well (though that may be easier to explain).

- Character is using Archery fighting style, which should give +2 to ranged attacks.
    - Character has a DEX of 22, giving +6 to ranged/finesse attacks.
    - Character is level 14, and as such has a proficiency modifier of +5.
    - Character is using +3 longbow.

2 + 6 + 5 + 3 should be 16. However on my actions page my Longbow, +3 shows a +15 to hit.

Another interesting note is the damage should be 1d8 +9 (+6 from DEX and +3 from the longbow), but it's showing 1d8+10 on the Actions tab.

My non-magical longbow is also incorrect, showing +11 for the attack bonus, but that may just be due to not applying my Archery fighting style (the damage is correct at +6). This wouldn't explain the magical bow however (being only -1 off on the attack, and +1 off on the damage).

The only extension I have loaded is the fg GAP theme 2.4, though I've loaded the character management utility with no extensions and get the same issue).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your Longbow +3 is set as a melee weapon hence it isn't feeding off your dex modifier. Click the little sword icon next to the attack dice and it will change your attack bonus to +14. You need to create an effect for the archery fighting style (ATK: 2, ranged) for the archery style; that doesn't happen automatically. Some videos on creating effects here.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ah, yes. I recall having to do that on my DEX fighter now, too. Thanks.

Is this a bug? Not sure why the non-magical longbow automatically adds itself as a ranged weapon but none of the magical ones do. I threw Vicious Longbow, +1 through +3 longbows, longbow of warning and the oathbow and they all are added as melee weapons, however the nonmagical ones--both from the PHB and the DMG--show up as ranged by default. Same with shortbows.
    Last edited by midas; January 13th, 2019 at 13:14.

Yes, the fact that ranged weapons from certain modules don't automatically go in as ranged weapons is an issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Do we know which modules have ranged weapons that have this issue?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Do we know which modules have ranged weapons that have this issue?

Thanks,
    JPG
    Any that were created in par5e. It's par5e that's the issue.

Thread Information