DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Change the diagonal movement

Hello,

Ive always found the diagonal movement rules of 3.5 more annoying than anything else, is there anyway to change it to simple 5ft all the time?

There's no option for disabling the diagonal 1.5 distance determination for 3.5E ruleset (though it could by someone building an extension mod).

While I can see how removing the diagonal counting rule in 3.5E would potentially be a simplifying factor at a live table, when playing on a digital table where the distances are calculated automatically should make it un-needed (at least to me).

Regards,
    JPG

Well the 5e ruleset has this option and im just wondering why this one doesnt?

This rule set is based upon the 3.5/PF rule set and has since been modified to do SF. The not counting directional movement has been built into the 5e rule set and has not been replicated here.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by Davido1000 View Post
    Well the 5e ruleset has this option and im just wondering why this one doesnt?
    Because for 5E the 2 movement options are specifically listed as options in the 5E PHB (5' per square, even diagonal) and DMG (5-10-5 diagonal variant). So they were added to the 5E ruleset.

In the 3.5E PHB measuring distance (page 147) specifies the 5-10-5 diagonal measuring. I'm not aware of the simplified measuring system being documented in the core 3.5E rulesbooks (PHB or DMG) - hence why that was not added as an option to the 3.5E ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information