STAR TREK 2d20

Magic Weapons as powers

When your receive a magic weapon Ive always found it best not to create a weapon entry on your actions tab, but to create the weapon as a power.
    You can then perform and saves and apply effects as the attack is made.

In fact there really isn't any need for the Weapon Section in the Action tab at all.

HERE is a video to show you how
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

You can also use this extension.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You can also use this extension.
    Yep! I got that extension as well. A must have! Either way is good!
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Some just occured to me too. It would a good way to use a bow's (or other ranged weapon) difference magic ammos
    You set up a Power Group called Longbow Attacks with magic Arrows and then have all the different arrows with their effects set up under it.
    By using the PREPARATION you can set up the count (uses) of each magic arrow type too

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Some just occured to me too. It would a good way to use a bow's (or other ranged weapon) difference magic ammos
    You set up a Power Group called Longbow Attacks with magic Arrows and then have all the different arrows with their effects set up under it.
    By using the PREPARATION you can set up the count (uses) of each magic arrow type too
    I'm planning to create an extension with a bit of connection between "ammo" in the actions panel and what's inside your inventory ( Select a particular ammo ). I didn't think about the possible magical effect.
    It's still an idea and I didn't start at all on it but this is a good reminder
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:
    D&D 5e - "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist"

Language: Italian

Thread Information