STAR TREK 2d20

New to FG not to DnD LFG, US Central

Hey all I am new to FG, but not new to d&d. My old group of friends slowly moved away and after having kids myself havent been able to find a local group. Driving to stores to play is a little out of the way and the convince of online play is intriguing. I have been anxious to get back to playing d&d on a regular basis since having my kid. I have not been able to play 5e. I have been fantasizing over it and watching games on youtube as listening to podcasts of play. I miss it so much. I would love to get started playing with a group. I am new to FG but am in IT by trade so should pick it up rather fast. Look forward to hearing from someone. Happy Gaming to all.

Post Script: I have open most Evenings and Weekends.

Anyone?

Blog Entries
    Hi Ready Player 1

In most cases GMs have sufficient players coming to them so they do not need to go looking for and replying to LFG posts.
    Your best bet is to be proactive and apply on advertised games that fit your schedule.
    You should also look at playing in one shots like FGDaze as that way you meet more people who are running and playing in games and that can lead to more gaming opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Ready Player 1

In most cases GMs have sufficient players coming to them so they do not need to go looking for and replying to LFG posts.
    Your best bet is to be proactive and apply on advertised games that fit your schedule.
    You should also look at playing in one shots like FGDaze as that way you meet more people who are running and playing in games and that can lead to more gaming opportunities.
    Thanks appreciate it I am new and trying to figure this all out. Much appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Like has been mentioned, be proactive and apply for games that interest you and are in time frames you can match. If you are offered a position, stay in regular contact with the GM so they know you are serious as they weed out players to get their table filled. If you get a slot and find it's not a good fit after all, let the GM know that as well. Many people apply to every game advertised and then flake out never to be heard from again.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Do you have an established Adventurer's League character? I'm looking to add to my Thursday night (EST) game, but we're currently Tier 2, so we can't take anyone who doesn't have a Tier 2 character available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ready Player 1 View Post
    Hey all I am new to FG, but not new to d&d. My old group of friends slowly moved away and after having kids myself havent been able to find a local group. Driving to stores to play is a little out of the way and the convince of online play is intriguing. I have been anxious to get back to playing d&d on a regular basis since having my kid. I have not been able to play 5e. I have been fantasizing over it and watching games on youtube as listening to podcasts of play. I miss it so much. I would love to get started playing with a group. I am new to FG but am in IT by trade so should pick it up rather fast. Look forward to hearing from someone. Happy Gaming to all.

Post Script: I have open most Evenings and Weekends.

I'm running a game tonight. New to FG and AL, not new to D&D. Let me know if you are interested:

Running DDAL 08-00 Once in Waterdeep Saturday, January 19, 2019 1800 to 2200 CST (UTC-6). I'm relatively new to AL and FG so patience is appreciated. Sign up at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=3347 DM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by WildKnight View Post
    Do you have an established Adventurer's League character? I'm looking to add to my Thursday night (EST) game, but we're currently Tier 2, so we can't take anyone who doesn't have a Tier 2 character available.
    As I mentioned this would be my 1st play on FG so I do not have an established Adventure Leauge character. SOrry

Quote Originally Posted by putmanjs View Post
    I'm running a game tonight. New to FG and AL, not new to D&D. Let me know if you are interested:

Running DDAL 08-00 Once in Waterdeep Saturday, January 19, 2019 1800 to 2200 CST (UTC-6). I'm relatively new to AL and FG so patience is appreciated. Sign up at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=3347 DM me with any questions.
    I would be interested I am going to try and play a game at noon of FGDaze hope that goes well.

Edit: Singed up thanks. Do I need to buy Players Handbook? I own this in physical form as well as Xanathars but dont own any books on FG yet. I have standard FG Sub.
    Last edited by Ready Player 1; January 19th, 2019 at 16:29.

Thread Information