STAR TREK 2d20

NPC character mode displays wrong level in CT

Attachment 25820

See attached File for visual reference.

Problem: After adding an NPC to the combat tracker as a Character the level of said character is changed to match the BtH instead of the Level. This affects the rolls of the characters Siege Checks when double clicking any of the ability scores.

Also not as important, when I put in an Effect that adjusts an Ability Score Modifier negatively say "STR: -2" it will only allow for a max of -1 no matter what I put or how I use the spaces, positively (STR:2) it seems to work as intended. "ABIL: -2 strength" works fine, but that has limitations on what it affects.
    Last edited by Frankison; May 2nd, 2019 at 18:17.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Games I Run: AD&D 2nd Ed
    Currently Running: AD&D 2E (Forgotten Realms)
    Games I play: Any~
    Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)
    Current Projects: None
    Created Content: AD&D 2E NPC generator Module

Since this is a C&C ruleset bug, this is the correct place. I will take a look at this.

Has there been any development on this by chance?
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)

It's been a while since I posted on this, to be frank (no pun intended) my games have been a little less frequent as some of my players have taken time off here and there. But games are starting to pick up again and so has my desire to prep content for them. This has led to me being reminded how absolutely frustrating this issues is. I understand that C&C is a cheap ruleset and the motivation to update it is not there since the player base is so much smaller.

This is really unfortunate as I truly love it. TBH I enjoy AD&D 2nd Edition more. In terms of required prep time, C&C is friendlier to the small amount of free time that I actually have to create content and run games for players. But as my players increase in level I am finding that the ruleset issues are starting to become more problematic. When dealing with low level creatures and villains this issue is more or less non-existent. But in order to create content beyond level 5 it is an issue.

If my players were only fighting monsters it wouldn't be a problem. But that's not the type of campaign I run. Dealing with villains and their minions that have actual character classes is much more enjoyable for the GM and the players. It offers up more realistic and immersive campaigns IMO. I really enjoy using Rogues specifically to create quests for my players. Bandits and such are an obvious inclusion in any campaign, Rogues tend to have a low BtH so at higher levels this really affects my ability to create good content since the BtH is what's causing this error in the Combat Tracker.

I really hope some time will be set aside to fix this issue. Its been 4 months since there has been any discussion. I really appreciate all of the hard work all of the dev's put into this and all of the other rule sets. I would love to see the C&C rule set brought up to the level of usability of Pathfinder, D&D5E, or even the AD&D 2E ruleset which has more usability than C&C now. At the very least I ask that this particular error gain some strong consideration for resolution. As it stands mid level campaigns are tough to enjoy as a GM.

Hopefully I'm not coming off as obnoxious here, I just really enjoy the ruleset and would like to see it thrive.
    Last edited by Frankison; May 4th, 2019 at 02:52.
    -Doug Dougalson

Blog Entries
    There are a lot of QoL features that one could use the new 2e ruleset as an example for, in addition to getting this fixed. Damage type, damage resistance, built-in conditional IFT effects, the ability to pull multiple weapon types into NPC records via the Encounter, setting AC and HP also in the Encounter being just some examples.

In my mind you're not being obnoxious Frankison. You're a paying customer giving feedback on what you'd like to see fixed, as well as alluding to QoL features that are present in other rulesets that would be welcomed in C&C.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    For what it's worth, one of my groups have started to delve into the realm of higher level adversaries just recently and I am noticing this too. So I'll renew the call/request for a fix (5ish months after the fact...).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I have setup a database to enter / track requests for the Castles and Crusades ruleset. https://trac.silent-tower.org/CnCrequests

Blog Entries
    I just sent in a fix for this, will be put into the TEST channel until Andraax gives it the greenlight for LIVE.

Thread Information