5E Character Create Playlist

Game Window Positioning Help

Hi all,
    I'm a new GM to FG and I am currently struggling to enjoy the experience. I'm sure it will improve as I learn but right now the system's quirks are really annoying me. I am supposed to be running a session tomorrow night, and a session I could prep in an hour or two on Roll20 is proving a day's work, as I run into odd little problems like this:

I'm stuck, and maybe I am just missing something obvious, but, is there a way to move a window (unlocked) without clicking and dragging the top bar?

I have managed to get the top bar of the story box I am editing off the top of the visible play area, and now I cannot move the story box down or lock it etc. Closing it reopens it in the same position. I've tried scaling the UI but its position remains the same. Google yields nothing of use, so I have resorted to the noob question on the forums!

Any help appriciated!

Are you trying to move one of the desktop window panels that appear when you start the desktop? (i.e. chat, modifier, dice tower, etc.) Which one?
    If so, you need to unlock the window using the right click radial menu before it can be moved. The menu can also be used to lock or reset position.

For any other windows opened during play, you should be able to drag the window by clicking and dragging on any portion of the window that is not an editable field.

Perhaps a screenshot would provide an example of the window you are having problems with?

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the reply, its a "Story" box/window, as in I've clicked the story button and created a new entry, which I managed to get off the top somehow, but this box/window is mostly editable field.

I managed to grab it (and reposition the box/window) by the narrow border on the left that isnt editable (or indicated in any way). The same border area on the right scrolls the window, and the bottom border area resizes the box/window. But the left hand side is the golden spot.

Thanks for the help, just figuring quirks. Still perhaps an indication of where the editable field ends would help?

Blog Entries
    You can move a story window using middle mouse button (locked or unlocked), but your pointer can't be in the editable area. I usually do it off the bottom of the text/edit area.

CTRL-left resizes the window from any where in the window.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The middle mouse thing is great to know, thanks!
    It'd be great if it worked in the editable are also.

Ctrl-left doesn't move the top bar down, but its a handy shortcut to know.

Problem solved - L-click and drag the window by the very left edge, or middle click right or bottom of window to drag.
    Thanks for the help guys!

Thread Information