FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Hot key issues

Hot key issues

I am having an issue with hotkeys in a Pathfinder game.

First, it seems that any damage hotkey I have made that is based on the standard damage button from the Action Tab from my Rangers bow now only gives this error in a pop-up;

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:525: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1037: table index is nil

I can delete and remake those buttons and they will work until I log out. When I come back in, they go back to giving me that same error (as best I tell given that I have a memory like a slotted colander)

Additionally, I am unable to make any new hotkey buttons that will be saved after I log out.

I am playing on a Mac (10.14.2 (18C54)).
    Fantasy Grounds v3.3.7 PLAYER

I have seen this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ipt-errors-etc), and although I am not on that version of Fantasy Grounds, I did go through all the recomendations in it.

I use the hotkeys pretty heavily, but I am the only player who does. I did have one of the other players make a hotkey, use it, log out then log back in and his hotkey still worked fine. The DM also confirmed that he uses hotkeys and that his work fine as well.

Playing without the hotkeys really slowed down the fight for me, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

I will assume there will be questions or requests for info, and I will do my best to get y'all that you need. And if this turns out to be a meatware issue, that's ok too as long as I can figure out what I am doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohead View Post
    Additionally, I am unable to make any new hotkey buttons that will be saved after I log out.

I am playing on a Mac (10.14.2 (18C54)).
    How are you exiting FG at the end of your session? Are you just closing the window on the Mac? If you are, then this is probably the issue - just closing the window force closes FG and it doesn't get a chance to save things like hotkeys. So you need to exit visa the right-click menu on the FG desktop so that FG closes down correctly.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    So you need to exit visa the right-click menu on the FG desktop so that FG closes down correctly.
    So that seems to have fixed the issue of not saving new hotkeys, but I still get the script error on any hotkey that is made from the damage role button of my composite short bow after exiting and then logging back in.

I can still remake it, and it will work for that session only.

UPDATE

I added a new short bow to my inventory, made a couple of damage buttons using that bow and was able to keep the hotkeys working after logging out and back in.

So I just deleted the short bow with the issue and kept the working one. Apparently, the issue was with the item itself.

Thread Information