Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

FREE Character Tokens

Hi! I'm Bernardo Hasselmann, an illustrator currently in love with digital tabletop gaming. I've been creating character tokens for some time now, but I'm somewhat new to Fantasy Grounds and would love to have some feedback from you. So, I'm sharing some tokens I made for myself. Feel free to reach out!

MyChars.mod
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bfhasselmann; January 9th, 2019 at 19:48. Reason: Images did not display

Very cool. Thanks for sharing - and double-thanks for sharing in a FG mod!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You're welcome Trenloe!

I tried to make the images display on the post to give a better preview, but failed. Does anyone know how to address this?
    Last edited by bfhasselmann; January 9th, 2019 at 19:59. Reason: Bad English

Quote Originally Posted by bfhasselmann View Post
    I tried to make the images display on the post to give a better preview, but failed. Anyone now how to address this?
    I can see them fine. Make sure you're in full site and not mobile mode.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Nice job, thanks for sharing

The previews look good, the outlines are nice and crisp and the colors let be distinguished well when they are token size. I didn't look at the module, only the preview/attachments, but remember that normally medium sized tokens are 100 pixels square. For custom PC ones I might go as high as 400, but make sure they look good at all resolutions in between

Next, since you asked for feedback, here is a VERY critical critique. Please don't think this is bad or that I don't like what you did, I do, but here are the things I can look at in a very critical context;

dungal - The dark clothes get lost in the dark shield and dark cloak. I would look for more contrasting colors in the lower body. Facing is a little difficult to determine, is it the direction of the feet & head, or the shield or the staff?

eoghan - I like this guy. Good contrast, weapons are visible, facing is obvious.

gatoPreto - nice and dynamic. Pants are the only thing that seems to not have much texture or depth to them. Offhand dagger runs into the leg, though the color is good, the guard matches perfectly with the leg, making it seem connected,rather than floating above the leg (yes, I see the shadow, but it's offset by too perfect alignment of the guard).

haluk - This guy has the same issue with his weapon as Gato's dagger, it's edges align too perfectly with the cloak etc. a bit of gap or crossing with the cloak would make it stick out a bit more. The lower part of the back/left side of the cloak doesn't have depth to it, and hence it is hard to see the relative position of it (i.e. that it's close to the ground). I'm not big on using shadows to control depth (only to enhance it) but notice how the shadow offset on the cloak is the same as the right hand? Yet the cloak edge is 4-6 inches above the ground and the hand is 4 feet.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you for the feedback LordEntrails! I don't mind at all you being very critical. I appreciate it, in truth.

I'll be sure to pay more attention to undesired alignments from now on. I usually don't give much attention to the lower parts of the tokens because usually they are seen very small on the map and that is a way of addressing more important parts, but I might I give a shot at detailing those parts a little more.

I don't now if it is common practise, but I added two folders to the mod, one with the tokens at 400px and another with them at 100px. I'd love to know what you think about them on Fantasy Grounds when you have the time. Thanks again for the feedback!
    Last edited by bfhasselmann; January 9th, 2019 at 21:43. Reason: Bad English

Thread Information