DICE PACKS BUNDLE

New to fantasy grounds Can't find a way to apply cover modifiers

Howdy all,

I would be surprised if there was not a feature that would allow a GM to automatically apply cover modifiers to NPC's and PC's in the combat tracker rather than have to use the roll modifier box every single roll. However, I am not surprised that I can't find it.

Some guidance for an poor idiot would be nice.

I'm sure this has been asked a million times. I tried to find a thread on it before I started an new one but was not able to do so. Sorry

Give this a look!
    And Welcome! to the forums.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Worlds_Effects

Madman
    Last edited by madman; January 9th, 2019 at 06:56.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

That is a beautiful page. I has certainly solved my specific problem and many more that i didn't yet realize I have. I your humble acolyte bow in awe to the Grand Patriarch

In all seriousness thank you.

I still prefer the option of using modifiers rather than effects for cover because many situations will result in different characters needed different cover modifiers due to LOS/angle of the attack. For example, some an NPC may have Med cover from most of the party, but the guy who flanked him has a clear shot. I don't want to have to add and removed the cover effect based on who is shooting, which is why I'd just prefer to tell the player what the modifier is for their particular shot. I tried adding them to my campaign manually and went as far as deleting the entries for cover from the Effects list, but SW has a bug. I see the mods and no effects, but the players see the opposite (effects that I have deleted, but not the the modifiers I've added. I noted this in a previous thread, but I can't for the life of me find it. IIRC, SW handles things slightly differently than CoreRPG. Ikael's got his hands full these days IRL I believe and everyone jonesing for SWADE, so I doubt he'l looked into this. In the meantime, my players have just been entering the modifiers manually.

Thread Information