STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I just sent a note over to Hero Lab support to see if they can provide guidance. The spell has no "class" information associated with it in the XML data, so we have no idea where to place that spell or what attribute or caster level should be associated with it. When importing spells from Hero Lab, a character can have multiple classes with spells as well as racial spell-like abilities; so there's no way to assume without being incorrect a good amount of the time.

Given that it's a spell granted specifically to the shaman class and based on your shaman level, it seems like it should be associated to Shaman class. In my note to HL support, I asked them if this is an oversight in their XML data, or for guidance on how to identify where this spell belongs.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you very much! I'll keep following this thread to see if there are any news in the coming future.

HL sometimes handles domain, bloodline, patron and (I assume spirit animal) spells differently than normal spells since they are not part of classes.

Normally, this isn't an issue since it bootstrapped to a hero by class option, in this case, your animal spirit rather than as pulled as part of a class list.

Not sure if this helps any, I am not sure how the export code works so I couldn't say if that can be fixed, my guess is that this is one more thing that needs to be manually edited after the conversion process. Honestly, I didn't know the converter handled spells, I thought that was something that needed to be done manually.

Well, the problem with adding spells after the conversion process is that those spells don't count for your daily slots, e.g. a 1st-level shaman can use Enlarge Person 1/day but if I add the spell after the process I can't find a way to tell FG that I can only cast it once. A minor issue, of course, but still.
    Thanks for your help!

Hi

I didn't read everything so I might misunderstand your problem but simply add an additional spell class and name it e.g. "Extra spells" (doesn't matter). Then add there your spells which do not count against your daily slots (best: in the corresponding spell level and adjust the number of spells per day in that spell level such that it works properly with the Combat mode). E.g. add "Enlarge Person" and go into the Preparation mode and prepare it once This way it is also done for clerics btw They have an additional "Domain" spell class and basically every character has additional "spell classes" to have effects for their magic items and their actions like defensive stance and so on It is not only for spells

Best,

Kelrugem
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 26th, 2019 at 18:30.

Thread Information