DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

GURPS Neophyte Looking for Online Gaming Community

Hello FG GURPS community,

I've been playing TTRPGs for ten or so years (mostly D&D, Pathfinder, WoD, CoC), but I recently picked up a set of GURPS books (4th ed.) that a friend gave me some years ago, and I'm really keen to learning the system. I'd like to run some GURPS games, but I want to get some play time in with experienced players first. VTT are my preferred format for playing RPGs, so to make a long story short, I'd like to find an online GURPS community, and someone at the SJGames.com forums directed me to FG. It just so happened, I had an old license, I'd never used, so I was happy to hear there are GURPS players here.

My preferred genres are mystery and horror, but I also enjoy fantasy and science fiction. I'm flexible regarding genres though.

My availability includes most afternoons and evenings. During the week, I'm available from around 2pm onwards (PST).

At any rate, if you're looking for a player for one of your games, and you don't mind the occasional rule question, I'd be delighted to join your campaign.

Welcome to the forums, Ezra. I’m not currently in a GURPS game myself, but it has been my system of choice (back in college), and I still have plenty of 3rd edition books.

There are a number of Traveller and Old West GMs on this forum and they have strong games going. And perhaps the GURPS community can host a game at an upcoming FG Con?

Thanks, Hector. I'd be interested in either Traveler or Old West games if there are openings.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Hello FG GURPS community
    You may want to message/contact HalC. He might have something GURPS related going on.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    You may want to message/contact HalC. He might have something GURPS related going on.
    I will. Thank you for the tip!

Hi Ezra, welcome to the forum. I hope you find a game soon. If not, I would be happy to organise a one shot.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

I would love to be involved in a one shot if you need an additional player. I'm always the GM but "always" is very loose, as in we play like once every 18 months. It's terrible and I feel like I lack solid rules knowledge because I'm not GURPing more often. The nice thing with GURPS is you can take what you want so maybe I've gotten away with it. Still, I do try to brush up before we play and if I know ahead of time I'll do some reading specific to what's needed.

I have used FG a couple of times to GM but that was using the previous Gurps ruleset so I haven't used your new version yet.

I am happy to learn as well as help others when and if I can. I am usually available most evenings except for Thursday especially if I know ahead of time. Also UTC-5 here and I go to bed quite early, as in the early morning (read that as night-owl).
    I'm on Discord but am still a bit of a noob there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I would love to be involved in a one shot if you need an additional player. I'm always the GM but "always" is very loose, as in we play like once every 18 months. It's terrible and I feel like I lack solid rules knowledge because I'm not GURPing more often. The nice thing with GURPS is you can take what you want so maybe I've gotten away with it. Still, I do try to brush up before we play and if I know ahead of time I'll do some reading specific to what's needed.

I have used FG a couple of times to GM but that was using the previous Gurps ruleset so I haven't used your new version yet.

I am happy to learn as well as help others when and if I can. I am usually available most evenings except for Thursday especially if I know ahead of time. Also UTC-5 here and I go to bed quite early, as in the early morning (read that as night-owl).
    I'm on Discord but am still a bit of a noob there.
    I bet you know the rules better than I remember them. However GURPS is somewhat in my DNA since my first game ever was with my older brother teaching me The Fantasy Trip, the precursor to GURPS, of sorts.

Anyways, I’d be up for a one shot as well.

I can happily report I found a game. If you want to run a one-shot though, Ronnke, I'd be interested. I want to get fluent with the system, so the more practice, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I can happily report I found a game. ...
    Pray tell, who's game is it? What setting?

Thread Information