5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 16 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbadger View Post
    So when you have a versatile weapon (eg. longsword), it changes the damage dice from 1d8 to 1d10 when you change hands. Would it be possible, then, to have a button that can change damage type? For example, change from 1d8 slashing to 1d8 piercing (not for the longsword specifically but a weapon in general), or 1d8 slashing to 1d4 bludgeoning?

Reason being is I think it'd be neat if players could change how they wield a weapon and thus change the damage and damage type. Like the many ways proper long swords are used to make both piercing (thrusts) and slashing attacks or can be held inverted to strike with the pommel/crossguard (Mordhau technique). I know one could just edit the weapon's damage type and dice manually but it's a bit clunky and not conducive to mid-combat tactic changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    No, you would need to add a new weapon line with the specific damage type that you wanted.
    I think it would be technically possible to make an extension that adds a button to toggle weapon damage type the same way this extension changes damage dice on the fly. However I don't think that would be within the scope of this extension, and is currently beyond the scope of my ability. Also, the reason that in 5e weapons only have a single damage type option is in part to reduce the number of choices a player need make in a turn to facilitate faster combats, and in part to encourage the use of other weapons so that you can't defeat a creature that is immune to slashing by saying I strike with the flat of my blade. So such an extension would be against the spirit of DnD5e.
    Yes, flat strikes and thrusts are part of HEMA longsword training, but they are a very minor part, if you are fighting with a longsword, your goal is to deliver a cut.
    Last edited by rbtmatrix; May 27th, 2019 at 20:38.

Quote Originally Posted by rbtmatrix View Post
    I think it would be technically possible to make an extension that adds a button to toggle weapon damage type the same way this extension changes damage dice on the fly. However I don't think that would be within the scope of this extension, and is currently beyond the scope of my ability. Also, the reason that in 5e weapons only have a single damage type option is in part to reduce the number of choices a player need make in a turn to facilitate faster combats, and in part to encourage the use of other weapons so that you can't defeat a creature that is immune to slashing by saying I strike with the flat of my blade. So such an extension would be against the spirit of DnD5e.
    Yes, flat strikes and thrusts are part of HEMA longsword training, but they are a very minor part, if you are fighting with a longsword, your goal is to deliver a cut.
    Exactly. It's totally doable with an extension but it belongs more to an "homebrew" use case.
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:
    D&D 5e - "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist"

Language: Italian

I love this extension! I was just wondering if you could add a sneak attack function as well (maybe that you can turn on in the weapon meta). It would make my rouge's life so much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by capchu View Post
    I love this extension! I was just wondering if you could add a sneak attack function as well (maybe that you can turn on in the weapon meta). It would make my rouge's life so much easier!
    You can add a power in your list of powers and add an effect that give you the +1d6 and so on damage. How do you do that right now?
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:

Quote Originally Posted by capchu View Post
    Open the sneak attack ability and drag it into the actions tab. It will create the sneak attack effect for you. Apply the effect before damage is rolled and after the hit is a success.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This is great and doesn't add any complexity to the player! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by H2Os View Post
    This is great and doesn't add any complexity to the player! Thank you!
    Thank you for letting me know If you have any feedback or advice don't hesistate to tell me that
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:

Not sure if you corrected, or even are aware, but when "Advanced Effects" places an effect on an item
    this extension will not let the effect work.

We like this extension very much, but can not give up Advanced Effects.

ie, place "Savage Attack; DMG: 1d6 critical" on an item and the effect will not work.
    Any new remedies?

Why not use the Crit Range / Crit Dice window for Savage Attack?

I haven't realized an issue with Advanced Effects before

Okay! After working with Intruder, I have solved the problems between the Weapon Handling (WH) and Advanced Effects (AE) extensions. Both extensions replace the "char_weapon" windowclass' script. Because the WH extension has a load order of 300 and the AE extension has a load order of 99, the WH extension is loaded last. So, the WH extension ends up replacing the "char_weapon" windowclass' script causing the AE extension to no longer function. I knew the fix was to simply use WinMerge and copy the differences in the AE extension into the WH extension. Once this was done, Intruder did not have a problem running both extensions.

Now, st4lk3r87 will have to monitor the Advanced Affects extension and copy any changes in the "char_weapon" script to the "char_weapon" script in the Weapon Handling extension. Again, this can be done easily using WinMerge. However, I will post a tutorial showing how to do this because sometimes it can be tricky.

Below is the extension with the fixed "/campaign/scripts/char_weapon.lua" file (Please note that I updated the version to 1.3.1):
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Valerian Stormbreaker; July 17th, 2019 at 21:01.

Thread Information