5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 16 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Keep in mind, every function or piece of automation added to core FG functionality is just a little more overhead. Meaning each version takes little longer to development and validate. Plus, right now the focus is on FGU, not incorporating every valuable idea into FGC.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Keep in mind, every function or piece of automation added to core FG functionality is just a little more overhead. Meaning each version takes little longer to development and validate. Plus, right now the focus is on FGU, not incorporating every valuable idea into FGC.
    Sure, but some elements are impactful enough that they are worth putting into the core ruleset imo.

Spell slot tracking is minor and non necessary. This however requires someone to modify a weapon every time they use it with a different number of hands so the versatile and offhand functionality is just such a huge time saver for groups that change weapons frequently.

I am not going to demand it now, but I do think this is one addon that is worth making core.

That and FGU getting built in better inventory container handling functions :P because doing it via ruleset is clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    That and FGU getting built in better inventory container handling functions :P because doing it via ruleset is clunky.
    Since Unity won't be touching rulesets because rulesets need to be compatible with the current version of FG things like this won't change just because of Unity.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Sure, but some elements are impactful enough that they are worth putting into the core ruleset imo.
    If you feel they are important, then make sure they are on the wishlist and you vote for them. Link in Mr Z's signature.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    If you feel they are important, then make sure they are on the wishlist and you vote for them. Link in Mr Z's signature.
    I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Since Unity won't be touching rulesets because rulesets need to be compatible with the current version of FG things like this won't change just because of Unity.
    Ever? I was under the impression that it was more of a "get the core of unity out there and everything working before looking at further core improvements" kinda thing.

Blog Entries
    Ever? I was under the impression that it was more of a "get the core of unity out there and everything working before looking at further core improvements" kinda thing.
    No, version 1 of FGU won't have ruleset updates. After that, it will depend. As Mr Z says, while FGC remains supported, any ruleset updates will have to be compatible to both FGC and FGU.

Though this functionality can (obviously) be supported on FGC, other possibilities might not be reasonable on both platforms. We wil have to see.

But, regardless, as I said earlier, the best way to get enhancements is to put them on and vote for them on the wishlist

Awesome work!
    Last edited by Killer931; April 22nd, 2019 at 05:12.

So when you have a versatile weapon (eg. longsword), it changes the damage dice from 1d8 to 1d10 when you change hands. Would it be possible, then, to have a button that can change damage type? For example, change from 1d8 slashing to 1d8 piercing (not for the longsword specifically but a weapon in general), or 1d8 slashing to 1d4 bludgeoning?

Reason being is I think it'd be neat if players could change how they wield a weapon and thus change the damage and damage type. Like the many ways proper long swords are used to make both piercing (thrusts) and slashing attacks or can be held inverted to strike with the pommel/crossguard (Mordhau technique). I know one could just edit the weapon's damage type and dice manually but it's a bit clunky and not conducive to mid-combat tactic changes.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbadger View Post
    So when you have a versatile weapon (eg. longsword), it changes the damage dice from 1d8 to 1d10 when you change hands. Would it be possible, then, to have a button that can change damage type? For example, change from 1d8 slashing to 1d8 piercing (not for the longsword specifically but a weapon in general), or 1d8 slashing to 1d4 bludgeoning?

Reason being is I think it'd be neat if players could change how they wield a weapon and thus change the damage and damage type. Like the many ways proper long swords are used to make both piercing (thrusts) and slashing attacks or can be held inverted to strike with the pommel/crossguard (Mordhau technique). I know one could just edit the weapon's damage type and dice manually but it's a bit clunky and not conducive to mid-combat tactic changes.
    No, you would need to add a new weapon line with the specific damage type that you wanted.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Excellent. Great work, thank you.

Thread Information