FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 16 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Eru the One View Post
    Very good extension! I couldn't get it to work with tridents (any) or the Dwarven Thrower as they have more than just "Versatile (XdX)" in their properties.
    I can look into them What's the default property?
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:
    D&D 5e - "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist"

Language: Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Eru the One View Post
    Very good extension! I couldn't get it to work with tridents (any) or the Dwarven Thrower as they have more than just "Versatile (XdX)" in their properties.
    Ok, I updloaded a new version with a minor fix. There was a little bug. If Versatile was not the first property it was ignored. Now it works.
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:

I Uploaded a new version of the extension. I added some restriction based on weapon properties.

If a weapon has the "two-handed" you can't change the mode to "one-handed" or "off-hand" ( Think about all the greataxe, bow, crossbow and so on ).
    If a weapon isn't "light" you can't change the mode to "off-hand". ( I added a Dual Wielder checkbox in "Weapon Meta" that ignore the light property rule in this case ).
    If a weapon isn't "versatile" you can't change from "one-handed" to "two-handed".

I also added a new option to disable this new update ( by default it is set to on )
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:

New update is good, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    I Uploaded a new version of the extension. I added some restriction based on weapon properties.

If a weapon has the "two-handed" you can't change the mode to "one-handed" or "off-hand" ( Think about all the greataxe, bow, crossbow and so on ).
    If a weapon isn't "light" you can't change the mode to "off-hand". ( I added a Dual Wielder checkbox in "Weapon Meta" that ignore the light property rule in this case ).
    If a weapon isn't "versatile" you can't change from "one-handed" to "two-handed".

I also added a new option to disable this new update ( by default it is set to on )
    Excellent update!

Very nice, little extension!

Thank you all for the feedback!!!

Talking about "Weapon Handling" the 5e ruleset doesn't treat correctly the range/throw/melee attack type. I decided to remove options when it doesn't make sense. For example: Making a melee attack with a longbow doesn't make sense. If you want to do it, it has to be treated as an improvised weapon. Same if you decide to throw a "non throwable" weapon. With this new version of the extension the player/gm is not allowed to change attack type if the weapon property doesn't state so. Let me know if you like this approach too. Personally I prefer when the user is not confused by lot of useless options.

I also added a functionality for finesse weapon. The extension will try to use the best ability score modifier, between STR or DEX, when "base" modifier is in use and the "finesse" property is added to the weapon.
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:

The only drawback with this approach is that you limit the way people play the game. One of the reasons why there are so many options is that people often houserule things, so leaving flexibility to use how you want can be useful.

Not saying that it’s bad, just something to consider.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The only drawback with this approach is that you limit the way people play the game. One of the reasons why there are so many options is that people often houserule things, so leaving flexibility to use how you want can be useful.

Not saying that it’s bad, just something to consider.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yes I totally agree. That's why I added the option to turn it off. So people have the power to decide. A close to RAW approach or a more Homebrewable one.
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:

Thread Information