5E Character Create Playlist
Page 13 of 16 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    I believe this extension does more in terms of "enforcing" values on the type/hands fields; which I do not do in the built-in code by design.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The following was added to base 5E ruleset today:

* Ability to specify which hand(s) a PC weapon is used in (Primary, Two Hands, Off-Hand)
    * Ability to specify Two Weapon Fighting Style in weapon section details
    * Support for Versatile and Off-Hand damage calculations, based on the options above.

Regards,
    JPG
    Not sure where this should be reported, but since you already answered above:
    Didn't do a comprehensive test, but it seems to me like offhand doesn't work as intended. It seems like only ranged weapons and versatile weapons can be properly set to "offhand". All others keep the damage bonus. (Tried with dagger and scimitar.)

Yes, the extension did more in enforcing the rules. The extension did actually check if the weapon was versatile, or light (unless you had the dual wielding feat) before it allowed to use it in offhand/two handed.
    Last edited by Speculi; December 8th, 2020 at 23:53.

Oh boy. Almost deleted the extension.

Looks like it's working to me (see video). And enforcement is not done by design.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MTK...ew?usp=sharing

Regards,
    JPG

It appears to work for me.

In the top pic, two weapon fighting style is not selected, and the offhand weapon does not include stat bonus for damage. In the bottom one two weapon style is selected, and the damage includes the stat bonus.

For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Looks like it's working to me (see video). And enforcement is not done by design.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MTK...ew?usp=sharing

Regards,
    JPG
    In the video, when you switch the battle axe to Two Hands, it looks as if the damage goes from 2d8+3 to 1d10+1d8+3 ... is there something about battle axes I am missing? don't they do 1d8 1 handed and 1d10 two handed? Or is there some kind of magic bonus we are not seeing on this particular battle axe?

Badger1017

Same for me. With all extensions off, the Off-Hand status does not remove the ability modifier from the damage on all weapons. And Two Weapon Fighting Style is NOT toggled. From my tests:
    If weapon has no properties: removes damage bonus
    If weapon has volatile, two handed, ranged: removed damage bonus
    Otherwise: NO

I see on the vide that Moon Wizard posted he is using daggers, but that definitely does not work for me.
    Last edited by ironsplitter; December 9th, 2020 at 06:38.

@delgondahntelius,
    It was my special "test" battle axe that had more than one die.

@ironsplitter,
    Please disable all extensions before testing. There has already been at least one extension identified which replaces some of the scripts, so the changes don't get picked up.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi MoonWizard,

All extensions are off except for a decal. I'm on Fantasy Grounds Classic btw.

There must be other things going on, because it works for SOME characters. It looks like if I add a dagger to a character that never had a dagger in their inventory before, then make the dagger off-hand, it works as expected. However, the off-hand effect doesn't work on daggers for characters that already had them. For those characters, if I remove the dagger from the inventory and add them back on it still doesn't work.

I don't know, probably a coincidence, but noting it anyway.

Thanks
    Last edited by ironsplitter; December 9th, 2020 at 07:23.

Same issue, brand new rogue character, no extension loaded at all, dagger offhand and two weapon fighting style disabled: ability damage modifier is still applied to offhand when it should not.

Thread Information