FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 16 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerian Stormbreaker View Post
    Okay! After working with Intruder, I have solved the problems between the Weapon Handling (WH) and Advanced Effects (AE) extensions. Both extensions replace the "char_weapon" windowclass' script. Because the WH extension has a load order of 300 and the AE extension has a load order of 99, the WH extension is loaded last. So, the WH extension ends up replacing the "char_weapon" windowclass' script causing the AE extension to no longer function. I knew the fix was to simply use WinMerge and copy the differences in the AE extension into the WH extension. Once this was done, Intruder did not have a problem running both extensions.

Now, st4lk3r87 will have to monitor the Advanced Affects extension and copy any changes in the "char_weapon" script to the "char_weapon" script in the Weapon Handling extension. Again, this can be done easily using WinMerge. However, I will post a tutorial showing how to do this because sometimes it can be tricky.

Below is the extension with the fixed "/campaign/scripts/char_weapon.lua" file (Please note that I updated the version to 1.3.1):
    I remember I did something similar the first time I implemented the extension. Could this be related to some of the new updates of Advanced Effects?
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:
    D&D 5e - "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist"

Language: Italian

Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    I remember I did something similar the first time I implemented the extension. Could this be related to some of the new updates of Advanced Effects?
    It's definitely possible. Without having a revision history of that file, it's impossible to tell. The changes I made will be tested live tonight if the session happens. So, we'll know for sure if everything continues to work as it should. However, examining the actual code, there's no reason why the merged changes shouldn't have worked for you. Perhaps you missed something in the initial merge if you did it manually?
    Last edited by Valerian Stormbreaker; July 17th, 2019 at 23:45.

It's definitely possible. Without having a revision history of that file, it's impossible to tell. The changes I made will be tested live tonight if the session happens. So, we'll know for sure if everything continues to work as it should. However, examining the actual code, there's no reason why the merged changes shouldn't have worked for you. Perhaps you missed something in the initial merge if you did it manually?
    Yes it could be. I'll take a look at the changes. I should have a local repo of those changes. I want to thank you for the support to the extension! This community is very cool!
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:

Yes it could be. I'll take a look at the changes. I should have a local repo of those changes. I want to thank you for the support to the extension! This community is very cool!
    Np! I really like this extension and when Intruder had to disable it because of conflicts, I knew I had to see what I could do to solve the problem.

It was tested in a live session tonight, and the fix I made works! So, you might want to update your extension code and post an update in the OP so everyone can enjoy Advanced Effects and Weapon Handling.

It was tested in a live session tonight, and the fix I made works! So, you might want to update your extension code and post an update in the OP so everyone can enjoy Advanced Effects and Weapon Handling.
    Nice! I'll try to merge the changes and put them in the first post. Thank you again.
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:

Now i think I know what happens. I was trying to run the advanced effect code on a new function

Code:
    function runAdvancedEffectCode(rActor, nodeWeapon)
    	if Extension.getExtensionInfo("AdvancedEffects") ~= nil then
    		-- add itemPath to rActor so that when effects are checked we can 
    		-- make compare against action only effects
    		local _, sRecord = DB.getValue(nodeWeapon, "shortcut", "", "");
    		rActor.itemPath = sRecord;
    	end
    end
    Maybe the extra check I added to run the code only if that extension is enabled doesn't work as expected ( Extension.getExtensionInfo("AdvancedEffects") ).

What I mean is that I don't want to run the Advanced Effect code if a user doesn't have that extension enabled. It's not correct. I'll investigate a bit more.
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:

Now i think I know what happens. I was trying to run the advanced effect code on a new function

Code:
    function runAdvancedEffectCode(rActor, nodeWeapon)
    	if Extension.getExtensionInfo("AdvancedEffects") ~= nil then
    		-- add itemPath to rActor so that when effects are checked we can 
    		-- make compare against action only effects
    		local _, sRecord = DB.getValue(nodeWeapon, "shortcut", "", "");
    		rActor.itemPath = sRecord;
    	end
    end
    Maybe the extra check I added to run the code only if that extension is enabled doesn't work as expected ( Extension.getExtensionInfo("AdvancedEffects") ).

What I mean is that I don't want to run the Advanced Effect code if a user doesn't have that extension enabled. It's not correct. I'll investigate a bit more.
    That's an easy fix too. I can use WinMerge to identify the differences between AE and WH and run the AE code if it is enabled.

Mmmh. Actually I can't reproduce the bug with the source version.

I'm giving a Longsword to the character, adding the effect "Savage Attack; DMG: 1d6 critical", doing a crit and everything works as expected.
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:

Mmmh. Actually I can't reproduce the bug with the source version.

I'm giving a Longsword to the character, adding the effect "Savage Attack; DMG: 1d6 critical", doing a crit and everything works as expected.
    We did test it. However, if you truly want to exclude AE code when it is not loaded, then drop this into the extension! It is a version of the char_weapon.lua that does what you want. I already did preliminary testing with these new changes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information