DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Well, due to work related issues, I have had to halt my current campaign until around Oct 1, so if anything comes of this, it will be after that.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Here's something for you guys to look at, think it looks a little better with some character info filled in. I'm thinking of moving the saving throws over to the right of the ac, hp, ab area. What do you guys think? Also for those of you who haven't read the PDF, here's a brief description:

The Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game is a rules-light
    game system based on the d20 SRD v3.5, but heavily
    rewritten with inspiration from early RPG game systems.
    It is intended for those who are fans of "old-school"
    game mechanics.

Last edited by tdwyer11b; August 11th, 2006 at 12:08.
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

I say move them there, if I remember correctly that was how the character sheets were ususally done. Looking real good though, cannot wait to get my paws on this. Might have to do up some adventures to help people get moving along with this great system.

I notice your test character is a halfling.....ROCK ON!
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Holy crap...I finally got around to d/l this - and its almost EXACTLY how I remember the old Red Box series...this is soooo cool

If you need a hand with this td, lemme know! If I get back into Fantasy writing again, I so wanna try an support this (Actually, it also reminds me a lot of C&C that's out there...but this is a lot cleaner, simpler, and "old school").

Peace

V
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Thanks for the offer Kalan, I'm gonna keep my recent work hosted so if you wanna help, you can get the ruleset and go to it. Fortunately the rules are in PDF form so it's basically cut-n-pasting whats in it into FG code. Tonite I added some of the PC races, text for the character classes and finished building the nodes for all the spell descriptions. Good thing is, my weekend is getting ready to start, so I can probably have this thing done in the next couple of days.

Here's the link to the recent ruleset:

https://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id703856612

Also here's an updated character sheet:

Last edited by tdwyer11b; August 13th, 2006 at 12:47.
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

Looking god td. One thing, on the character sheet, the equipment block, might want to make it one of those defined, but scrollable entries (like the moeny and notes entries are). As it is now, if you get to the end and continue adding text, it runs over and covers the entries beneath it.

Other than that, looking great!
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Maybe even to add to the feel of the whole "retro" thing - I remember playing the old red box at those old school desks...maybe if you could figure out how to do that

Or not...I used to get beat up a lot in those days too :S
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Kalan
    Maybe even to add to the feel of the whole "retro" thing - I remember playing the old red box at those old school desks...maybe if you could figure out how to do that

Or not...I used to get beat up a lot in those days too :S
    Kalan, sure I know how to do it, it's just finding the right graphic to put in there. In the meantime, here's the recent ruleset with all the spells in (including descriptions)!! Also the classes have saving throw tables in them and the races are finished. In all, going together very smooth.

https://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id715239444

Quote Originally Posted by Snikle
    Looking god td. One thing, on the character sheet, the equipment block, might want to make it one of those defined, but scrollable entries (like the moeny and notes entries are). As it is now, if you get to the end and continue adding text, it runs over and covers the entries beneath it.

Other than that, looking great!
    I'll get on that snik.
    Last edited by tdwyer11b; August 14th, 2006 at 12:03.
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalan
    I used to get beat up a lot in those days too :S
    LOL You should never let anyone know your little secrets...please dont tell us about the gerbils...please!
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

The gerbils are stayin in the closet snikle...

Jerk You hurt their feelings now They like to be talked about...

Now badgers...badgers??? We don't need no stinkin badgers...
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Thread Information