DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Version 3.3.2 Update: Backwards compatibility with Player Effects Removal.

Great update with 3.3.2!

What would *really* have been clever would have been to keep backwards compatibility with the immensely popular Player Effects Removal extension, and support "REMOVE: <effect>" as a way to remove the effects from the player on the tracker.

It is very very helpful not to have to click through the combat tracker to remove an effect, instead you can use your character sheet to remove the effect.

Was any consideration given to maintaining backwards compatibility with the "REMOVE: <effect>" method of removing effects?

... and it would be nice if you could have multiple of the same effect on at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    ... and it would be nice if you could have multiple of the same effect on at a time.
    Why? You can only benefit from one effect that does the same thing at a time. You can't have multiple Bless spells or multiple poisons on you.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Unfortunately, we are unable to test and verify that every community extension will work with new versions of the software. We have our hands full with maintaining the 700+ DLC products currently available with the official versions. We provide lots of leads time (usually 6-8 weeks) for community extension developers to be aware of upcoming releases, but ultimately it's up to the community.

We did build in new features that handle the majority of the needs originally handled by this extension, though we've heard over the last couple days that there are definitely people who would like a button-like removal option in-line with each effect.

Thanks,
    JPG

I have a working version of the extension for FG 3.2.2. It is currently being tested as a couple players experienced something weird during its use Tuesday which I cannot recreate. I am communicating with Trenloe to get it out to the community once it is deemed safe.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Why? You can only benefit from one effect that does the same thing at a time. You can't have multiple Bless spells or multiple poisons on you.
    In 3.5E, and Pathfinder you can have multiple bless spells of the same duration cast on a person (FG2 does allow different duration effects to be active), and in fact you *must* track multiple spells for the purposes of dispelling, you cannot coalesce them into one spell or you will loose track of which ones can be dispelled based on level.

Does that clarify the requirement to allow multiple similar effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Unfortunately, we are unable to test and verify that every community extension will work with new versions of the software. We have our hands full with maintaining the 700+ DLC products currently available with the official versions. We provide lots of leads time (usually 6-8 weeks) for community extension developers to be aware of upcoming releases, but ultimately it's up to the community.

We did build in new features that handle the majority of the needs originally handled by this extension, though we've heard over the last couple days that there are definitely people who would like a button-like removal option in-line with each effect.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Moon Wizard,

I am incredibly appreciative of the work being done by SmiteWorks and I would certainly not expect you to carry out testing with community extensions.

However, if you claim to add a feature, like player effect removal (which is an awesome and very important feature), I can and will hold you to the standard by which the community has grown accustomed to, namely the Player Effects Removal extension (RemoteEffectTag.ext). In that extension you can remove effects from your character sheet without having to drudge through a potentially large CT.

As you have heard already (thanks for indicating that other players have provided similar feedback), particularly for target self effects a removal button would be excellent, and that's what I'm arguing in this post. All of my players have their character sheet open to their actions during combat, and it's one click to remove an effect (we even use them to track things like readied actions or held weapons). While using the CT requires at least two clicks, at worst it becomes: find the CT (or open it), then a scroll, see effects (click), and two more clicks to remove.

The Player Effects Removal extension had already brought us to a minimal number of clicks to remove an effect, even if it was just a side-effect of the implementation :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    In 3.5E, and Pathfinder you can have multiple bless spells of the same duration cast on a person (FG2 does allow different duration effects to be active), and in fact you *must* track multiple spells for the purposes of dispelling, you cannot coalesce them into one spell or you will loose track of which ones can be dispelled based on level.

Does that clarify the requirement to allow multiple similar effects?
    Yes, sorry. I wasn't thinking beyond 5e and I wasn't aware that you could have multiples of the same effect on you in 3.5.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I actually had a section of code with the REMOVE code that allowed you to STACK effects in the PF ruleset. I also had a chunk that allowed multiple identical effects to be added. The code was left out when the REMOVE code was extracted and repackaged.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I actually had a section of code with the REMOVE code that allowed you to STACK effects in the PF ruleset. I also had a chunk that allowed multiple identical effects to be added. The code was left out when the REMOVE code was extracted and repackaged.
    ... is this the point you tell us you're going to put it back? Because that would be awesome ;-)

Thread Information