DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Basic Fantasy RPG

Wondering what your guys opinions are on this, basically its a distilled version of the d20 rules with some other stuff thrown in, however it definately has the feel of Classic D&D. I'm actually considering making a ruleset for this.

https://basicfantasy.newcenturycompu...es-2006.52.pdf
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

Interesting, I will download it and look it over. Looks very interesting, and very very old school! Sweet! Course it is still d20 though (blah!) Love the OpenOffice notebook paper character sheet, that is sooo perfect.
    I have been looking over a rules-lite game system called Stained Glass that is based on The Window (both are availalble here: https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/windowrpg/ in the files section). Both are cinematic and very rules lite.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Well, I have permission from the author to create a ruleset for FG so I think I'm going to go ahead and go for it (Not to mention the rules are free!!). I like the disclaimer about the 100 sided die not truly existing in the SG rules, lol, I'm callin em on this one, Its that fist sized spherical die we used to throw at the GM when he made a bad rule call!!!

Last edited by tdwyer11b; August 9th, 2006 at 14:03.
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

Thought they said they were rare, not that they did not exist...?
    If you need help on the ruleset, let me know!
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Note: Although true one-hundred-sided dice do exist, they’re fairly rare
    Your right
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

I have one.
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

I definately think that any character sheet should look like a plain old piece of notebook paper, fitting in with the entire idea that this is an old-school system.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Quote Originally Posted by tdwyer11b
    Well, I have permission from the author to create a ruleset for FG so I think I'm going to go ahead and go for it (Not to mention the rules are free!!). I like the disclaimer about the 100 sided die not truly existing in the SG rules, lol, I'm callin em on this one, Its that fist sized spherical die we used to throw at the GM when he made a bad rule call!!!
    If you really want to see the differnt types of dice... https://www.dicecollector.com/dicein...ny_shapes.html

Started working on the character sheet, also have the magic-user spell nodes finished and started working on spell descriptions.

Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

Sweet! I love it!
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Thread Information