FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    I guess I was wrong, the update notes say that 1.0.9 was updated but the live ruleset is still 1.0.8. Goes back to patiently waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I guess I was wrong, the update notes say that 1.0.9 was updated but the live ruleset is still 1.0.8. Goes back to patiently waiting.
    I've pushed 1.0.9 with the Ammo/Init fix, asked for it go to TEST, on Thursday I'll email in and ask for it to be sent to LIVE. LIVE updates are Tuesdays so next Tuesday.

Hope this is fone, sorry chap.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

No problems with me. I'm actually running an ETU game at the moment. I figure once I have 1.0.9 in my paws I'm going to start working on the game which will run after it. I was thinking about converting and running Secret of the Ancients after ETU but wanted to wait until the damage/resistance stuff was finalized before I get rolling on adding things so I don't have to redo everything.

… or maybe Beltstrike… hmm... too many options.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hmmm,

Just looking at the ammo issue, seems my data (yes mine) doesn't have the Damage Type listed, can someone else check please and let me know.

Odd, working now.

Anyway fixed the Ammo Issue.
    And fixed the Initiative Issue.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Wohooo, the fastest coder from here to Mexico! Gonna test this shortly.
    Thanks alot!

ps:

Ok, as for the Ammo: I tried this with Assault Rifle and with Autorifle. Both added fine, but there is still no Ammo display in the Actions.
    Attachment 26789 Attachment 26790
    Same with the Initiative.

Maybe I understood this wrong, but the version I am working with here in Test is 1.0.9. But maybe I didn't get the latest updates yet? Is it not pushed to Test yet?
    Sorry if I'm over-eager :P

1.0.9 pushed today instead of Tuesday, so my original post about 1.0.9 not being pushed is moot! It's live.
    Last edited by esmdev; March 28th, 2019 at 18:39.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    1.0.9 pushed today instead of Tuesday, so my original post about 1.0.9 not being pushed is moot! It's live.
    Brilliant News! I've been away from online life, alas we've had something happen that's meant I've spent a lot of time with my girls rather than in my online life!

Back to normal today, fixing up a WOIN issue then onto Traveller.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Well congrats to your victory over (i assume) a whole lot of beer!

1.0.9 is sweet, I love it.

I know ofc, that the ammocounter is a goodie and not yet polished as you mentioned.
    Nevertheless, I wanna share my testresults, which you might find interesting.

First a question: if I try to define a new "Slug Throwers" weapon in the items, The Ammo field reads "Ammo(Cr)" --- Is this cost per magazine or cost per round?
    Also I cannot seem to define a magazine in an energy weapon? But these weapons do have a limited number of shots before they have to be reloaded or the battery is to be switched, so something like a magazine field for the ammo counter would be a nice thing to have

Now for my tests:
    I tested this in 1.0.9 productive (live) version.

Whenever I add a new weapon to the equipment of a PC, the corresponding action shows up in the Actions-Tab, as should be, but there is no ammo counter. Funny enough in my first try after starting FG, I defined a slug pistol from scratch and added it to a char and "whoops" there was the ammo counter. I deleted the gun from the inventroy and readded it. The ammo counter is gone.
    I removed all weapons (even the ones who already had an ammo counter) and readded them. None of them came with an ammo counter. This was strange. I deleted it again.

I then did following:
    1) remove all weapons
    2) restart FG
    3) open campaign, open PC-sheet, add item (shotgun)
    4) no ammocounter in the actions
    5) restart FG
    6) open campaign, open PC-sheet
    7) Action "Shotgun" has an ammo counter.
    8) add another item (Stunner TL12)
    9) no ammocounter in the actions tab.
    10) rinse and repeat restart etc
    11) Stunner has an ammocounter.

Ok, so now I know what to do to add the infamous ammo counter

On a side note: whenever I try to add a grenade (Frag, Stun, ...) I am getting following console error:
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:536: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)
    I created a grenade of my own and found out, that the error might be a typo in the Ranges field. You typed metres instead of meters. That might eventually be the source of the kerfuffle. As I cannot edit the predefined grenades, I have to leave this to you.

(BTW I hat to ride the train twice today, going to Vienna and back, giving me a total of 4 hrs to test 1.0.9 prod... - you could tell, couldn't you?)

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    Well congrats to your victory over (i assume) a whole lot of beer!

1.0.9 is sweet, I love it.

I know ofc, that the ammocounter is a goodie and not yet polished as you mentioned.
    Nevertheless, I wanna share my testresults, which you might find interesting.

First a question: if I try to define a new "Slug Throwers" weapon in the items, The Ammo field reads "Ammo(Cr)" --- Is this cost per magazine or cost per round?
    Also I cannot seem to define a magazine in an energy weapon? But these weapons do have a limited number of shots before they have to be reloaded or the battery is to be switched, so something like a magazine field for the ammo counter would be a nice thing to have

Now for my tests:
    I tested this in 1.0.9 productive (live) version.

Whenever I add a new weapon to the equipment of a PC, the corresponding action shows up in the Actions-Tab, as should be, but there is no ammo counter. Funny enough in my first try after starting FG, I defined a slug pistol from scratch and added it to a char and "whoops" there was the ammo counter. I deleted the gun from the inventroy and readded it. The ammo counter is gone.
    I removed all weapons (even the ones who already had an ammo counter) and readded them. None of them came with an ammo counter. This was strange. I deleted it again.

I then did following:
    1) remove all weapons
    2) restart FG
    3) open campaign, open PC-sheet, add item (shotgun)
    4) no ammocounter in the actions
    5) restart FG
    6) open campaign, open PC-sheet
    7) Action "Shotgun" has an ammo counter.
    8) add another item (Stunner TL12)
    9) no ammocounter in the actions tab.
    10) rinse and repeat restart etc
    11) Stunner has an ammocounter.

Ok, so now I know what to do to add the infamous ammo counter

On a side note: whenever I try to add a grenade (Frag, Stun, ...) I am getting following console error:
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:536: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)
    I created a grenade of my own and found out, that the error might be a typo in the Ranges field. You typed metres instead of meters. That might eventually be the source of the kerfuffle. As I cannot edit the predefined grenades, I have to leave this to you.

(BTW I hat to ride the train twice today, going to Vienna and back, giving me a total of 4 hrs to test 1.0.9 prod... - you could tell, couldn't you?)
    Morning,

I've fixed that last week, but sorry I'm off to Holland today and not back until next Tuesday (16th).

Sorry!

MBM

Thread Information