Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
  1. #11
    Evening All,

    Here's the first thing I've been working on this week, interesting coding this, the buttons are there, but not yet plugged in.

    Desktop Attribute override.JPG

    Cheers,
    MBM

  2. #12
    Hi All,

    Just finished up the override buttons for skills, let me know if you want them 'working' with other types of rolls.

    This is Dr Thunder, he's got a Dex Mod of 0. In this image I've done a normal roll for him, then clicked the Dex Desktop button, then rolled again using STR (+1) and then finally using INT (+3).

    FinishedDesktopOverrideModifiers.JPG

    Ok now onto Damage Types....

    Cheers
    MBM

  3. #13
    Looking very good MBM! Also looking forward to Damage Types for the 2300 AD game I'm running!

    GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)
    FG Community Developer:
    [Available]Millennium Knights, Savage Suzerain [In Progress]Several Others [Personal Use]Savage Rifts

    Currently running:
    AD&D 2e - Temple of Elemental Evil

    In planning:
    Way too many games!

    Timezone:
    Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) United States; GMT -4 hours

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    2,777
    Couple more "wishlist" items:

    Automatically add -3 (unskilled) modifier to Jack of All Trades skill rolls.
    When rolling the "Unskilled" skill, add Jack of All Trades (if it exists) level as a positive modifier.

    Yes, only one of these is *needed*, but having both means people won't be constantly asking which way unskilled checks with JoAT should be rolled...

  5. #15
    I'd like to see the worlds expanded a bit, primarily for Gas Giants, Starports, Docking Fees, berthing fees, fuel costs etc.

    I feel an actual ship account section would be better for an extension, but if you could include it that would save a lot of work

    Of course I'd love Ship to Ship Combat too,
    Ultimate License Holder,
    Currently Running Traveller, 5E Icewind Dale & 5E Curse of Strahd, 5E Moonshaes, 5E Storm Giants Thunder

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Couple more "wishlist" items:

    Automatically add -3 (unskilled) modifier to Jack of All Trades skill rolls.
    When rolling the "Unskilled" skill, add Jack of All Trades (if it exists) level as a positive modifier.

    Yes, only one of these is *needed*, but having both means people won't be constantly asking which way unskilled checks with JoAT should be rolled...
    I would think that for the simplicity of coding (and not having to put every skill onto the character sheet) it would be easier to use the Jack of all Trades skill in place of the unskilled skill. The JoT skill would need to be coded differently to work the way the skill is designed but should do the job.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    2,777
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I would think that for the simplicity of coding (and not having to put every skill onto the character sheet) it would be easier to use the Jack of all Trades skill in place of the unskilled skill. The JoT skill would need to be coded differently to work the way the skill is designed but should do the job.
    You don't need to have every skill on the sheet. Unskilled is automatically on the sheet, when it's rolled, it should check to see if JoAT exists, and if it does, add the level as a modifier. If JoAT is on the sheet, it should always use a -3 modifier (because you should only be using it in place of skills you do not have...)

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    You don't need to have every skill on the sheet. Unskilled is automatically on the sheet, when it's rolled, it should check to see if JoAT exists, and if it does, add the level as a modifier. If JoAT is on the sheet, it should always use a -3 modifier (because you should only be using it in place of skills you do not have...)
    Afternoon All,

    Today I'm going to make sure when you roll Unskilled, that JoaT is applied (if you have it). I use Unskilled for any skill my players don't have, makes sense to apply any JoaT to that.

    Been working away on Damage Types in the week, and the Desktop overrides are all done and have been given a set of tests (cheers Mario).

    With a bit of coding luck, I'll be done DT this week coming, then can drop back into Psionic abilities and get it rolled out early Feb.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  9. #19
    Things I like to see soon (aside of starship combat and finished PSI) is ammo for weapons and a proper action for healing.
    The latter could be implemented as follows (just my suggesion ofc):
    1) Medic Skill in skills
    2) Med Kit as an Item must be equipped. It has "charges" (like ammo) according to the TL (i.e. TL 10 means the kit can provide 10 healing shots)
    3) Range is close (healer needs to touch the wounded player)
    4) roll Medic skill, heal "Effect" points.

    Is that difficult to do?

    So far my wishes

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    Things I like to see soon (aside of starship combat and finished PSI) is ammo for weapons and a proper action for healing.
    The latter could be implemented as follows (just my suggesion ofc):
    1) Medic Skill in skills
    2) Med Kit as an Item must be equipped. It has "charges" (like ammo) according to the TL (i.e. TL 10 means the kit can provide 10 healing shots)
    3) Range is close (healer needs to touch the wounded player)
    4) roll Medic skill, heal "Effect" points.

    Is that difficult to do?

    So far my wishes
    Greetings LordNanoc!

    Thanks for the ideas, I like them, let me think about them so let's go through your list.

    0. Ammo for Weapons, good idea, been thinking about this recently as I've been playing D&D on FG and see there's a quiver/ammo count when rolling attack against a 'ranged' weapon.

    So we could do similar though that's old school, so maybe an Ammo Counter (like in Aliens for their Assault Rifles). All that means is a smaller field somewhere under the weapon mainly, and a 'recycle logo' (like on the Wound Track) to 'reload' it. Let me know what you think to this.

    1. Yep
    2. Ok, though I can't see where it states the number of charges, can you point that out please (page is enough, which book etc).
    3. How do we tell the range?
    4. Roll Medic, chat window shows 'Effect x 2' (for 5 mins or less) and 'Effect' for upto 1 hour. We could go fancy and allow that skill to be dragged onto a player in the CT, however as the healing effect can be spread over any injured characteristic (upto the player) that's not feasible.

    So in principal the answer is yes, and not that difficult (assuming no dragging onto CT - see point 4).

    Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in