DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

How to Create Item Tables

I'm wondering if it is possible to create new item tables. Using the attached picture as reference, When I click on the item tab on the right side of the screen it brings up the items list (on the left). At the top of that list there are tabs labeled "Armor" and "Weapons". When I click on either of those tabs it opens the corresponding tables (on the right). I understand how to edit those tables but I'm wanting to create a new table specifically for vehicles. Is that possible within the program? Preferably I would like it to create a corresponding tab as well next to the Armor and Weapon tabs.

Untitled.png

Blog Entries
    Not from within the GUI. If you are comfortable, you can do it in the XML files manually with a text editor. I'm not sure how though, never had a strong enough desire to do so. But I know it has been discussed and detailed a few times in previous posts.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Since vehicle records were added to CoreRPG+ exactly one year ago today, but have never yet been added to the PFRPG ruleset (no Vehicles button on the library selection) I'd say the better idea would be to post an official request for Pathfinder Vehicle records to be included.

EDIT: I've just made the request, please go vote for it.

Doing a normal list of items sorted by type is quite easy within the .mod XML. Adding a button, however, requires a bit more effort and can only be done in an extension unless/until they get officially added to the ruleset.
    Last edited by Talyn; January 3rd, 2019 at 14:20. Reason: Made the request myself

Thanks for the information!

That's excellent. Thank you! I'll vote and post.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Since vehicle records were added to CoreRPG+ exactly one year ago today, but have never yet been added to the PFRPG ruleset (no Vehicles button on the library selection) I'd say the better idea would be to post an official request for Pathfinder Vehicle records to be included.

EDIT: I've just made the request, please go vote for it.
    Vehicles have been in the PFRPG ruleset for a number of years - they are a subset of NPC, selected using the radio button selected at the bottom of a NPC record: Creature, Trap/Haunt or Vehicle.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

When you export a module you get a file called "common.xml" that contains all of the information that goes into the equipment lists. There is a section called lists that you can edit/create to make one. First you need to tell it you want an equipment list, so in the example below you'll see a section called "equipmentlists" with an example list called Adventuring Gear. Now that you've referenced your Adventuring Gear category, you need to create a list of items. Below you see a "record name" called lists.equipment.gear. That means we need to make a "gear" section underneath lists, but also within equipment. Another thing is you'll notice in my below example references to "id-00066". That is the "id" for arrows in my example below and it matches the id number for arrows that comes from the item list (as it must exist as a separate item) and will be shown in the <item> section of common.xml. The same id number is also in the <equipmentdata> section of the common.xml file. Obnoxious, but thats what gets "arrows" placed into all of the appropriate places. I have added those bits in the example what that looks like for my "arrows" example so there's a complete sample. This is all work I had to do to import Adventures in Middle Earth to FG so maybe is a bit much, but does show what it looks like.

Here is what it would look like:
    Code:
    <lists>
      <equipment>
        <equipmentlists>
          <name type="string">Equipment</name>
          <index>
            <r01gear>
    	  <name type="string">Adventuring Gear</name>
    	  <listlink type="windowreference">
    	    <class>reference_adventuringgeartable</class>
    	    <recordname>lists.equipment.gear</recordname>
    	  </listlink>
    	</r01gear>
          </index>
        </equipmentlists>
        <gear>
          <description type="string">Adventuring Gear</description>
            <groups>
    	  <r01ammunition>
    	    <description type="string">Ammunition</description>
    	    <equipment>
    	    <id-00066>
    	      <link type="windowreference">
    	        <class>reference_equipment</class>
    		<recordname>reference.equipmentdata.id-00066</recordname>
    	      </link>
    	      <name type="string">Arrows (20)</name>
    	      <cost type="string">1s</cost>
    	      <weight type="number">1</weight>
    	    </id-00066>
             </r01ammunition>
           </groups>
        </gear>
      </equipment>
      <referencemanual>...stuff here...</referencemanual>
      <imagewindow>...stuff here...</imagewindow>
      <item>
        <name type="string">Items</name>
        ...65 other items above this one...
        <id-00066>
          <listlink type="windowreference">
            <class>item</class>
            <recordname>reference.equipmentdata.id-00066@Adventures in Middle Earth Player's Handbook</recordname>
          </listlink>
        </id-00066>
        ...other items follow...
      </item>
      ...bunch of other sections follow (npc, backgrounds, class, feat, race, skill)
    </lists>
    <reference static="true">
      ...bunch of data sections...
      <equiptmentdata>
        <category name="AiME - PHB" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">
          ...65 other items above this one...
          <id-00066>
            <ac type="number">0</ac>
            <bonus type="number">0</bonus>
            <cost type="string">1s</cost>
            <description type="formattedtext">
              <p></p>
            </description>
            <isidentified type="number">1</isidentified>
            <istemplate type="number">0</istemplate>
            <locked type="number">1</locked>
            <subtype type="string">Ammunition</subtype>
              <type type="string">Adventuring Gear</type>
              <weight type="number">1</weight>
          </id-00066>
        ...other items follow...
      </equipmentdata>
      ...even more data sections...
    </reference>

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Vehicles have been in the PFRPG ruleset for a number of years - they are a subset of NPC, selected using the radio button selected at the bottom of a NPC record: Creature, Trap/Haunt or Vehicle.
    AHA! I could have swore I'd seen them before but couldn't for the life of me find them this morning. Never would have occurred to me that early in the am to look under NPCs rather than Items.

Should I delete that vote then? (Assuming the site allows that)

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Should I delete that vote then? (Assuming the site allows that)
    I don't know if you can delete it. If not, maybe edit or add a comment.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Sadly, just like the forums here, it doesn't allow deletion so I added a comment.

Thanks for pointing that out. I knew damn well I'd seen it before and was quite frustrated at not being able to locate where this morning.

Thread Information