DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Setting a d0 roll with modifier todrag/drop damage on token?

Hi forum... I had someone help me with a setup in my F-keys in the past with a default formula (code). But I can't remember what that was... help
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Type your dice string into chat but don’t press return. Drag the string and drop it on one of the shortcut boxes. The format is /die ndn+n (so 1d10 + 4) for example.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Type your dice string into chat but don’t press return. Drag the string and drop it on one of the shortcut boxes. The format is /die ndn+n (so 1d10 + 4) for example.
    Thanks... so for any damage type or total given to me by a rolled player's dice I would have /die 1d0 and I would put the total damage in the modifier?
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

I’m not sure what you are aiming for here (and I misread your header as 1d10 rather than 1d0). Adding a 0 to whatever the player rolls would not add anything to the roll so why do you need to do this?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Or just turn on manual rolls and type it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I’m not sure what you are aiming for here (and I misread your header as 1d10 rather than 1d0). Adding a 0 to whatever the player rolls would not add anything to the roll so why do you need to do this?
    I play and use FG via projector at the table. My players still use pen & paper and want to roll dice. Just the tokens with their character name and a few info details are actually entered within FG. As double clicking on the token doesn't automatically bring up the location of the npc within the combat tracker I use this d0 + "modifier" (modifier being the total damage the player character did) as a quick way of distributing the damage. Then I can simply take total result from the chat and drop it onto the creature or npc. I hope I answered that for ya and cleared up my question.

Thanks by the way..
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Or just turn on manual rolls and type it in there.
    I thought of doing that but I greatly use the automated power of FG for myself and my npc's. I've tried it and preferred not using it. Might goto that if needed. Thanks
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    Hi forum... I had someone help me with a setup in my F-keys in the past with a default formula (code). But I can't remember what that was... help
    You can right click the 6 sided dice, select the 1d0 dice, and place it on your bar if that's what you're wanting. If you're looking to add it to a damage/heal action do the same. Place the d0 dice then adjust the modifier in the action for the static value for dmg/heal.

It'll toss a d6 dice but not use it and just apply modifier.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    I thought of doing that but I greatly use the automated power of FG for myself and my npc's. I've tried it and preferred not using it. Might goto that if needed. Thanks
    If you turn on manual rolls, it will pop up the window where you can enter a die roll. If you prefer that it roll for you, click on the die icon on that window and it will roll the dice like normal. In either case, the automation of the result is applied.

Just having /die 1d0 as a hotkey will roll a d0 plus any modifiers, but it won't be a damage action.

Setup a dummy PC and create a weapon with a damage entry of d0. Then drag that to a hotkey, so you have a damage action which can use the modifier stack and be drag/dropped to apply damage.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information