DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

When I have my server up (whether it's overnight or an hour before gametime), I connect just fine. Port forwarding is fine, my computer's not timing out or anything, it's not going to sleep..everything seems fine on my end. However, my players can't connect.

However, if I end that session, and go back in and immediately start the server up again--poof--all problems have gone away.

Has anyone else experienced this, where if you leave the server up, it's just fine for you, but no one else can connect, causing you to have to completely shut down the server to bring it up again? It sucks because I will have everything ready, maps up, all pieces placed where I want only to have to do it *all* over again because no one can connect.

Help!

Thanks!

Nope, I haven't seen this and I regularly have FG up for hours at a time and I've never had to shut things down so someone can connect. I can't think of anything specific that might cause the issue. Maybe if you use a password that times out if no one uses it for a while, but that's a real shot in the dark.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah, there's nothing abnormal at all (i.e. no passwords or anything; it's strictly connecting via the server alias). It's the weirdest thing. If I start it up and people join immediately, there's no problems. But for whatever reason, I have issues if it's been up for a while with no one else in it. I might see if I can just get a local host to stay in the server and see if that has any impact. Drawing blanks.

Your ISP might be switching IP addresses on you.

Blog Entries
    Can they connect if they don't use the alias? It's possible someone else with the same alias is starting their session up after your and redirecting the alias to their server from your and then when you restart you are re-claiming it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Can they connect if they don't use the alias? It's possible someone else with the same alias is starting their session up after your and redirecting the alias to their server from your and then when you restart you are re-claiming it.
    ^^^ this...

I've generated new alias names multiple times in an effort to correct this. I even went so far as to rebuild--completely--the entire Storm King's Thunder campaign we were using because I thought that maybe something had gotten corrupted. No dice.

I just *finally* figured out how to get a static IP address (I was having issues with the DNS server being the same as default gateway and took me a time to find OpenDNS), so we'll see if this does any better.

Otherwise, are you suggesting they connect directly to my IP vice the server alias?

Thanks for your help with this!
    Last edited by Ramtrap; January 2nd, 2019 at 23:39. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Best way to test is to test with connecting via IP address - if that works it may be the Alias issue.
    I'm still having no luck with my players connecting unless they connect as soon as I load up. If there server's been up (could be 20 min, could be an hour, could be longer), they can't connect at all.

I have a static IP and my DNS should be fine running through Open DNS, but I'm still having these issues. Any idea where I could turn to help? Maybe StackOverflow? Anyone have an idea where to turn?
    Last edited by Ramtrap; January 9th, 2019 at 02:00. Reason: input wrong website

Thread Information