Starfinder Playlist

LFP: The Coin Trilogy (LotFP) - "Tire Kicking" 8 pm EST USA - Starting Feb/March 2019

Lamentations of Kalamar: The Coin Trilogy in Lamentations of the Flame Princess

FG License: Full, for now - will upgrade when campaign is ready
    Game System: Lamentations of the Flame Princess (using C&C ruleset for base)

Time Zone: Eastern USA
    Day of Week and Time: Any night (“prime time”, 8 or 8:30 pm start)
    Planned Start Date: By March 2019
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly 4-5 hour sessions
    Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice (via Discord), Text (via FG), Music (via Discord/Spotify)
    Voice Software Used: Discord
    Recorded and/or live streamed? Possibly, depends.

Roleplay & Combat Mix:
    50/50 - balanced… Unless everyone goes ‘murder hobo’
    Number of Players in game & needed: Minimum 3, Maximum 5
    Character Starting Level & Equipment: New characters, 1st level
    Character restrictions: Kingdoms of Kalamar based campaign, core LotFP classes only at current. Handouts created specifically for this campaign, in PDF/eBook, will be provided to guide.

Details:

Lamentations is a Weird Fantasy (Horror) Roleplaying Game, predominantly focused on Early Modern era settings - like our world. However, it is also an OSR revision of the classic Holmes-era and B/X style D&D game - a very clean and concise ruleset for more traditional ‘roots playing’. Kingdoms of Kalamar was initially released as a system neutral campaign setting (well, AD&D 2e with serial numbers filed off). I have run games in Kenzer’s KoK setting for over a decade, but I have long wanted to run a ‘classic’ OSR game in that world. 

The material that will be used for this campaign is a heavy rewrite of Kenzer’s 3rd edition Coin Trilogy (Root of All Evil, Forging Darkness, and Coin’s End) with a focus on that hex crawlin’, dungeon brawlin’, and natural character driven campaign growth (with 100% organic manure). I’ve chosen this set of adventures because, honestly, it had a lot of potential that was completely dwarfed by its roots as a tournament campaign. In short, it was a complete railroad. 

I’ve already started this process, but it is my goal to incorporate all of the system neutral campaign setting to FG, as well as a working reference for the LotFP rules. I may be able to tweak C&C enough to include those fiddly LotFP bits - but, even as the vanilla ruleset, it is more than capable of handling basic automation. 

My one concern about this campaign is that, at current, some of my art might be a memory hog - though it isn’t too far ‘out of bounds’. I’m also pretty committed to using music within the campaign - I’m a musician and it really helps me set my ambience, internally and externally. Good connection speeds are probably going to be your friend in this one. I’m a newbie to Fantasy Grounds, but I do my homework and I work hard on my campaigns - but I’m not going to be perfect… 

Last edited by Grimm Pickins; December 31st, 2018 at 22:23.

If you play on Friday nights I am interested. What do you need to know about potential players?

Sounds interesting, never played anything like that, but I did start playing in 2ed AD&D. I'd be interested at that 8:30pm start time on days except Sundays or Tuesdays.

However, one note to add. FG really hates large image files. Like, really hates them. And by large, I mean over 2MB, yeah. It will be in your best interest and the game's best interest to google how to shrink those image file sizes down. Shrinking the image itself then optimizing the file size to 1MB or under will make a big difference on playability. i.e. the amount of time you have to wait until everyone of your players can finally see the map image you loaded.
    Full License owner
    Destroyer of Bacon
    The thin line between genius and insanity is dotted.

Thanks for the interest!

At this point, I'm just getting an idea of what works for folks, night wise, and general interest. Thus far, I'd say Friday is a strong contender, but I'll be more certain when I am closer to completion.

I've trimmed all of my art resources down to below 2 MB (except a few that I intend to reduce further) - it's the physical size of some that concerns me, but I can reduce those too. Since I am disassembling PDFs from Kenzer for both the adventures and the world setting, my first concern is yoinking them out first.

Cool, cool, sounds good!
    Full License owner
    Destroyer of Bacon
    The thin line between genius and insanity is dotted.

Just a quick update about the status of things.

I was getting pretty deep into this, but my elderly mom (who lives with us) has been in the hospital/physical therapy rehab for several weeks now (3 weeks yesterday) - so I've stalled a bit on my conversion work (though the conceptualization on the larger context has been fruitful). I'm still hoping to have things ready to roll in March, as the boarding school I work for has a rather lengthy Spring Break. I guess I can also say that my haunting/roleplaying blog, www.creepatorium.com , has some tidbits I was working on in December.

Once again thanks for the interest!

Before anything else, I'm sorry to hear about your mother, hope she recovers. I'm open to play any night so long as its after 5PM EST and while I love RPing I'm not very experienced with tabletop games but I'm definently willing to learn and this sounds pretty cool so if your'e accepting new players I'll be here.

Thanks BlueJay, simple kindness sincerely means a lot to me these days - I lost another close family member last week and my wife's brother is in the hospital with severe health issues as well. 2019 has not started off well for my family, RPG work is a bit of solace in the midst of chaos though - I'm just having to find space in the jumble of it all right now.

I have no problems with folks new to the hobby, there is a lot to be said for the benefit of that in fact - and the chances of me running a game before 5 pm is just about not existent (8 pm is my guideline time, I'd go later over sooner).

Thread Information