FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodright View Post
    You are getting to literal. The statement was a metaphor
    Hi Bloodright - every ruleset works differently to some extent. Some to a large extent. Im asking for the specific example because it may be something that works but works differently and once we understand what it is we can learn to do it the way it works in this ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    If there are bugs, they should be reported on the appropriate forum thread (or start one if it's not been reported yet). If you have feature additions that you would like to see, those should be added to the wishlist. If those feature requests are already there, you should add your vote so Smiteworks knows it's important for you.
    I plan to, I just picked this up no more than 2 days ago. I will put together a list of items that needs to be addressed in level of severity, then I will offer solutions to these items that I would use. Up to them.

I am still learning the game system, so I am taking my time with this.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Bloodright - every ruleset works differently to some extent. Some to a large extent. Im asking for the specific example because it may be something that works but works differently and once we understand what it is we can learn to do it the way it works in this ruleset.
    The issue is, that many of the abilities are not using the FG system to automate very much. All class features, and feats can be automated, all spells, and weapons with special abilities can be automated. The current configuration of this Ruleset on FG, is not utilizing this feature of FG.

The issue is, that many of the abilities are not using the FG system to automate very much. All class features, and feats can be automated, all spells, and weapons with special abilities can be automated. The current configuration of this Ruleset on FG, is not utilizing this feature of FG.
    Pretty much only 5e has that automation. This ruleset is not built on top of 5e.

Pretty much only 5e has that automation. This ruleset is not built on top of 5e.
    this i understand, but with one change, one.. you can do so much more. open up ability as an action item, then you can do so much more.

I am not asking to change the game Starfinder.. I am asking to change how Starfinder works on FG,.

I am not asking to change the game Starfinder.. I am asking to change how Starfinder works on FG,.
    Those features are part of the 5e ruleset. Starfinder is not based on the 5e ruleset, it's based on the 3.5/Pathfinder ruleset. Those features do not exist within the 3.5/Pathfinder ruleset. You can only inherit features of rulesets that are in your chain of inheritance - in this case, it's CoreRPG -> 3.5/Pathfinder -> Starfinder. To get features that are in the 5e ruleset into Starfinder, you would have to re-write the code to work in Starfinder (or put it into 3.5/Pathfinder and inherit it from there).

Blog Entries
    Hi Bloodright,

Fantasy Grounds has a layered environment:

[Common across all newer Rulesets]
    There is the Core Engine which does all the graphic rendering and dice physics and file management.
    On top of that there is (typically but not always) CoreRPG which adds a lot of the Windowing, Lists and Basic Campaign management - all generic.
    [Specific to each Ruleset]
    Then on top of that is the ruleset that has been coded for the specific RPG system.
    And then interacting with all of that is Content laid out in a specific format for that ruleset. A lot of content fields are generic - story and maps mostly, but things like NPCs, spells, items etc have formats that are specific to that ruleset.

The specific ruleset is where almost ALL the stuff to do with that specific game system resides. Code that is in the 5E ruleset is not in the Pathfinder or Starfinder rulesets and just sitting there waiting to be unlocked.
    The code is in most cases fully or largely unique to that ruleset.
    The Powers/Actions was written for the 5E ruleset by a different developer to the Starfinder ruleset and doesnt exist in the Starfinder ruleset.
    Even if someone were to code it in it would not work with all the existing DLC and existing campaign data because of the structure and format differences.

I hope that adds more light and not the other way around!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Bloodright,

Fantasy Grounds has a layered environment:

[Common across all newer Rulesets]
    There is the Core Engine which does all the graphic rendering and dice physics and file management.
    On top of that there is (typically but not always) CoreRPG which adds a lot of the Windowing, Lists and Basic Campaign management - all generic.
    [Specific to each Ruleset]
    Then on top of that is the ruleset that has been coded for the specific RPG system.
    And then interacting with all of that is Content laid out in a specific format for that ruleset. A lot of content fields are generic - story and maps mostly, but things like NPCs, spells, items etc have formats that are specific to that ruleset.

The specific ruleset is where almost ALL the stuff to do with that specific game system resides. Code that is in the 5E ruleset is not in the Pathfinder or Starfinder rulesets and just sitting there waiting to be unlocked.
    The code is in most cases fully or largely unique to that ruleset.
    The Powers/Actions was written for the 5E ruleset by a different developer to the Starfinder ruleset and doesnt exist in the Starfinder ruleset.
    Even if someone were to code it in it would not work with all the existing DLC and existing campaign data because of the structure and format differences.

I hope that adds more light and not the other way around!
    it does.. sadly it does, this game will never use all the features of FG. what a waste. so much extra work on the players and the GM.

Blog Entries
    Those features are part of the 5e ruleset. Starfinder is not based on the 5e ruleset, it's based on the 3.5/Pathfinder ruleset. Those features do not exist within the 3.5/Pathfinder ruleset. You can only inherit features of rulesets that are in your chain of inheritance - in this case, it's CoreRPG -> 3.5/Pathfinder -> Starfinder. To get features that are in the 5e ruleset into Starfinder, you would have to re-write the code to work in Starfinder (or put it into 3.5/Pathfinder and inherit it from there).
    Starfinder shares a lot of code with Pathfinder but it is not layered on Pathfinder or 3.5E - it is layered only on CoreRPG.

Thread Information