STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Moderator - deleted

From my limited play with 5e, the system just does the work for you. You can drag sneak attack from your abilities tab to your actions tab and it creates the power for you with all the effects and everything. While it doesn't automatically do that in PF or SF, you can still make your powers. It would be a "spell" but all you are doing is creating a spell class that is called "actions" and filling that up with actions and effects that you will need for said actions. 5e just uses a different class for abilities.

Also, if you really wanted to have everything drag and drop, I have modules for Pathfinder that do what you are asking of it. Once again, you have to create a spell class initially, but it will create the ability and then copy over the effect which you will need. So, what you are asking for from 5e can be done, IF you make the modules do that themselves.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 1st, 2019 at 19:54.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Starfinder is based on Pathfinder/DnD 3.5, not DnD 5e. Most rulesets are not as feature rich as the 5e ruleset, either.
    I don't want the same system of play.. I was referring the option to add abilities and items to the action tab to automate some of the features. I was using DnD 5E system on FG as a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    From my limited play with 5e, the system just does the work for you. You can drag sneak attack from your abilities tab to your actions tab and it creates the power for you with all the effects and everything. While it doesn't automatically do that in PF or SF, you can still make your powers. It would be a "spell" but all you are doing is creating a spell class that is called "actions" and filling that up with actions and effects that you will need for said actions. 5e just uses a different class for abilities.

Also, if you really wanted to have everything drag and drop, I have modules for Pathfinder that do what you are asking of it. Once again, you have to create a spell class initially, but it will create the ability and then copy over the effect which you will need. So, what you are asking for from 5e can be done, IF you make the modules do that themselves.
    Moderator - Deleted

You misunderstand what I was getting at. The way the module is made in FG limits its ability to do so much more and add much more customization and flexibility.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 1st, 2019 at 19:55.

Keep it civil please.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Keep it civil please.
    Will do

What I am getting at is... Why have a character do a roll that requires a 3d6 roll, while making them roll 1d6 three times? What i want is for them to roll 3d6 one time. streamline the system on FG and it will make for faster and smoother play for your players and the GM. you spend less times looking up the math and abilities, and more time enjoying the game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodright View Post
    What I am getting at is... Why have a character do a roll that requires a 3d6 roll, while making them roll 1d6 three times? What i want is for them to roll 3d6 one time. streamline the system on FG and it will make for faster and smoother play for your players and the GM. you spend less times looking up the math and abilities, and more time enjoying the game.
    What is the example roll/action you are trying please?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    What is the example roll/action you are trying please?

any of the class features, some of the cantrips.. "Reactive armor" for example. there was no coding at all for it. many of the Feats are done manually, when you can have them applied like always on self buffs.. etc.. many many examples.. you just have to look and ask.. can i automate this?

you can actually have it pop up with a inquiry when an engineer is created, asking if they want Exocortex or Drone.. then it will populate that path from there on for the class. I REALLY want this to work.. I want to have so much fun with this, but I can't hand this incomplete product to 5 friends that are not familiar with the system and get them to enjoy it, after playing on the DnD 5e system with FG.

It's a Pathfinder product, not a 5e product. It will probably never have the level of automation of the 5e ruleset.

Thread Information