Back our Kickstarter Campaign going on Now
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    NPCs Build and Dodge

    Hi all! I just bought CoC 7e ruleset.
    In "Monsters" I do not understand why build is always "zero" (see attached image) and dodge sometimes it is valued other than not.
    Immagine.jpg

    And more:
    Byakhee: manual says MOV 5/16 fly; FG stat it at 8; DEX is 70, on FG is 65.
    Deep one: manual says HP 13; FG HP are 15.

    Last:
    I added soldier occupation (with firearms), but in the Skill TAB, the skill firearms are not "flagged" and it is not possibile to add occupation points
    Soldier Occupation.jpg
    Skills.png
    Last edited by Zar; December 30th, 2018 at 22:55.

  2. #2
    For the occupation skills to be properly tagged in the skill tab you need to correctly fill the specialization in the Occupation panel after you drag it to the character from the respective library. Only then, they will appear with red dot and eligible for occupation points distribution

    For the improperly calculated attributes, if you unlock the NPC panel and lock again or tab few times to trigger update it should be ok. If it is marked as Race not everything is filled and available if I recall properly
    Last edited by Valyar; December 31st, 2018 at 00:31.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    643
    Hi Zar, welcome and thanks for buying the ruleset.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    Hi all! I just bought CoC 7e ruleset.
    In "Monsters" I do not understand why build is always "zero" (see attached image) and dodge sometimes it is valued other than not.
    Immagine.jpg
    As Valyar points out... The build and dodge are derived stats and are calculated. Many of the monsters in the book are "templates" where the actual stats are calculated when the monster is used (this is denoted by the Race? check box. In this case, the stats are not calculated until the monster is dropped into the combat tracker and the derived stats should be calculated then. I have noticed that the build does not appear to update immediately, which is a bug and I'll fix it, but in the mean time, you can force an update by editing and unediting the creature after dropping it into the combat tracker.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    And more:
    Byakhee: manual says MOV 5/16 fly; FG stat it at 8; DEX is 70, on FG is 65.
    Deep one: manual says HP 13; FG HP are 15.
    Again, this is because the stats are random based on the template.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    Last:
    I added soldier occupation (with firearms), but in the Skill TAB, the skill firearms are not "flagged" and it is not possibile to add occupation points
    Soldier Occupation.jpg
    Skills.png

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    As Valyar points out... The build and dodge are derived stats and are calculated. Many of the monsters in the book are "templates" where the actual stats are calculated when the monster is used (this is denoted by the Race? check box. In this case, the stats are not calculated until the monster is dropped into the combat tracker and the derived stats should be calculated then. I have noticed that the build does not appear to update immediately, which is a bug and I'll fix it, but in the mean time, you can force an update by editing and unediting the creature after dropping it into the combat tracker.
    Thanks for your support Ian.
    So, if I understand correctly, when I move the NPC (for example a Byakhee) from the library to the combact tracker, the program will automatically calculate the statistics rolling the dices (i.e. for Byakhee it will roll 5d6 x5 for STR). The average value indicated in the manual will not be applied. It seems reasonable. Obviously I know I can change it as I like (bwhahahahaha!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    For the occupation skills to be properly tagged in the skill tab you need to correctly fill the specialization in the Occupation panel after you drag it to the character from the respective library. Only then, they will appear with red dot and eligible for occupation points distribution
    I create new investigator, insert the stats. Then I go to the Library, I drag&drop "soldier" occupation to the Personal tab, then I fill Occupation Skills. After that when I move to the Skill tab. I see the red dot in all skills of the occupation with the exception of Fighting and Firearms (Firearms must be added from the blue button "Add Firearms skil").
    Where am I wrong?
    Last edited by Zar; December 31st, 2018 at 10:17.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    (this is denoted by the Race? check box. In this case, the stats are not calculated until the monster is dropped into the combat tracker and the derived stats should be calculated then. I have noticed that the build does not appear to update immediately, which is a bug and I'll fix it, but in the mean time, you can force an update by editing and unediting the creature after dropping it into the combat tracker.
    Hello ianmward. Speaking of race, is there a little 'wiki' or sth to explain exactly how that works and how the values are calculated once the npc is dropped in the combat tracker? I must admit I never use this checkbox 'race' cause I never understood quite well how it works
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    643
    Skills with subskills must have their subskill writen into the occupation, that way it should grt the red dot correctly. So in the occupation, you should choose which fighting and firearms skills you want.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Skills with subskills must have their subskill writen into the occupation, that way it should grt the red dot correctly. So in the occupation, you should choose which fighting and firearms skills you want.
    Very good, thank you.

    EDIT: Anyway seems not possible to add more than one Firearms or Fighting skill. For example is not possible to spend occupation points in Firearms (handgun) and Firearms (Rifle/Shotgun).
    Soldier 1.png
    Last edited by Zar; December 31st, 2018 at 13:15.

  8. #8
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,383
    Blog Entries
    1
    https://www.diehard-gaming.com/manua...-creation.html

    Steps for character creation.
    You would have to make a separate occupation if you wanted two firearms skills as occupation skills.
    However its probably really not that necessary - spend your other points on the additional firearm skill - or play Pup Cthulhu and have even more points to play with!

    MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    https://www.diehard-gaming.com/manua...-creation.html

    Steps for character creation.
    You would have to make a separate occupation if you wanted two firearms skills as occupation skills.
    However its probably really not that necessary - spend your other points on the additional firearm skill - or play Pup Cthulhu and have even more points to play with!
    If an occupation include Firearms (or fighting) without any specialization (such as the soldier), then the player can select one or more specializations fot that skill.
    At least this is what is written and what I undestand from the manual (Italian translation).
    Last edited by Zar; December 31st, 2018 at 14:42.

  10. #10
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,383
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    If an occupation include Firearms (or fighting) without any specialization (such as the soldier), then the player can select one or more specializations fot that skill.
    At least this is what is written and what I undestand from the manual (Italian translation).
    The FG ruleset automation combined with the current occupations format does not allow this optional choosing of a second Firearms skill as the data layouts are different.

    MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in