STAR TREK 2d20

Keep on the borderlands

I am looking into using the standard FG license to start building encounters for my group. We are going to begin with the updated 5E keep on the borderlands and into the unknown from Goodman games. Is there an import function if I scan the pages into pdf or am I going to have to manually type in all the reference materials?

Blog Entries
    There's no import function from PDF to FG. You can copy paste text from the PDF to FG if the text is selectable in the PDF, when the text is not selectable I usually save each page of the PDF into JPG, upload them into Google Drive. Then in Google Drive right click the JPG and do "open with google docs" which will OCR the file for me.

Blog Entries
    You will want to look into Engineer Suite. Not all functions are complete yet, but it will help with some of what you will need to do.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Engineer-Suite

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the help guys. I will have to scan the pages from the book into a pdf. Goodman games doesn't sell the PDF along with the book, unlike the Master, over at Kobold Press.

Just to be clear. I can manually create content inside FG and save it off. Or I could use this awesome homegrown dev toolset to block import material as its own module?

Blog Entries
    As with most things 5E, Zacchaeus has a video just for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9f_XBY3ncU

The short versions is, create your content in a new campaign and export that as a module for use in play.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by treefallingquietly View Post
    Just to be clear. I can manually create content inside FG and save it off. Or I could use this awesome homegrown dev toolset to block import material as its own module?
    Yes, you can create custom content via the FG interface and save it as a module. See the linked video on how to do that, and read the best practices guide linked in my signature. Or you can use Engineer Suite to do it in builk.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information