STAR TREK 2d20
Page 84 of 105 First ... 3474828384858694 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Last year Doug said they were on track to release by the end of Q1. That would be the end of March. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ease-Date-Info

No status has been given since then, and they have encountered issues (and have rebuilt the network library).
    Have you seen all the issues in the Unity forum? At least 3-4 months to squash them. Another 1-2 for future issues. A month for an optimization pass. Maybe a month for a future feature rewrite (like the network one).

Those are my estimates, and I often find my estimates too optimistic. I'd love to be proven wrong, though!

I really like Smiteworks. Great guys. But, prob cuz of such a small team, they are slow developers.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    @Three of Swords
    We recently move over to using FGU and overall it's been going well. Even when still using FGC I had started using the new extension, switching off parts which weren't compatible with FGC in the menu options, to give it testing during play.
    So it's been some months since I last used this extension myself.
    This makes me very sad. Now I have to decide how to handle the probable loss of this extension. Thanks for the info!
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    This makes me very sad. Now I have to decide how to handle the probable loss of this extension. Thanks for the info!
    Actually, I LOVED the FGC version of 5e Combat Enhancer, but switched to using the FGU 5e Enhancer in FGC, and it's working well. Not everything is functional yet, but the things I use work well. I'd suggest using 5e Enhancer in FGC and see what is missing and if you can live with that.

FG without this extension is like food without salt!

I can hardly believe the features introduced by this extension do not exist in the base FG application and I am very upset and disappointed that the latest FG update broke this extension.

With FGU still a while away, by the looks of it, I dread the fact that I will need to readjust to a sub par vtt experience.

Is there a way I can rollback the update so I can use this extension? I and my players miss it so much.....if FGU is a completely separate program, why oh why have the developers chosen to mess up FG to the point that brilliant enhancement extensions no longer function? I mean what is the point? Perhaps darker forces are at work and, we are being led forcibly to FGU so we can use the already working FG extensions?
    Last edited by Martin153; March 6th, 2020 at 11:49.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Games - Savage Worlds, 5e, Traveller, RMC (MERP)
    Lover of old school RPG: Traveller, MERP, RMC, Cthuthu

Quote Originally Posted by Martin153 View Post
    Is there a way I can rollback the update so I can use this extension? I and my players miss it so much.....if FGU is a completely separate program, why oh why have the developers chosen to mess up FG to the point that brilliant enhancement extensions no longer function? I mean what is the point? Perhaps darker forces are at work and, we are being led forcibly to FGU so we can use the already working FG extensions?
    Extensions break because the code for FG changes when updates are made. It isn't up to the developers to work the code around extensions but rather the extension author to update their code in line with the main program. The developers don't deliberately code things so extensions break; they code things to enhance the basic functionality of the program.

Whether this or any other extension is brilliant or not is a matter of personal preference.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

So can I roll back to the previous version, or am I screwed? I would never have hit Update, had I known
    Last edited by Martin153; March 6th, 2020 at 12:13.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Games - Savage Worlds, 5e, Traveller, RMC (MERP)
    Lover of old school RPG: Traveller, MERP, RMC, Cthuthu

Quote Originally Posted by Martin153 View Post
    So can I roll back to the previous version, or am I screwed? I would never have hit Update, had I known
    No you can't roll back to the previous version.

And if you use extensions then you should expect them to break when the code gets updated. Extension authors know this as well and do update their extensions when this happens. The error in this case is caused by some underlying code from another extension and that has already been fixed as you can see from Trenloe's post above. I have no doubt Styrmir will update this extension in due course.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; March 6th, 2020 at 12:41.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I know this isn’t what anyone wants to hear... But, if you use anything coded by a community member, then you can’t expect that person to a) be around forever or b) want to keep updating/maintaining their code forever. You also can’t expect Fantasy Grounds base code to stand still because it may break community extensions - people want new functionality (one of the reasons you’re probably using extensions) and so FG will always update the base code to provide new functionality or fix issues.

Most community developers will provide fixes to their extensions at some point. But some may not wish to spend many hours working on something they no longer use or have moved onto something else. This is entirely within their rights to do. It’s great that they spent a lot of their time sharing their code with the community, but no one should expect that to last forever.

Again, I know this isn’t what people want to hear, but if your game is so reliant on community content then I recommend you don’t just press “update” when a new FG update is available. Wait for a bit. See if there are any issues with the community content you so much rely on. If you’re not prepared to wait, make sure you have a *full* backup of your FG App Data Directory and the Fantasy Grounds installation directory before you update, so you can rollback if needs be.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey! Loved this extension. But, after update 3.3.10 it doesnt bugs out when trying to open an image. Think you can make a small update?

Thread Information